Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2023 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
American Express announced a rate increase on it's high yield savings account effective 5/31 to 4.0% - this is up from the increase of 3.90% announced on 5/16.

A 12-month-CD is now 4.25%, and 24-months are at 4.0%. All other terms are lower.

- Rita

Schwab has 2 year CD's available @ 5%. For shorter term CD's (3,6,9,12 and 18 mos) they are as high as 5.3%.

Last edited:
VMFXX Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund and VUSXX Vanguard Treasury Money Market Fund both have a 7 day SEC yield of 5.04%. Usually the Treasury MM fund is less than the Federal MM fund. This is the 1st time I saw them with the same 7 day yield.

NASA Federal Credit Union May -> June changes

9-month 5.50% -> 5.65%
15-month 5.30% -> 5.45%
49 month 4.60% -> 4.85%

Just after this CD craze really got going last year, some of the first few I bought (see below) were for ~9mo terms and will mature this month. Glad I only bought them for 9mos. :) I think I'll be re-investing immediately for 18mos and over 5%.

Rate ------Term ---- Maturity Date

3.00% --- 9.00 ------ 6/9/23
3.15% --- 9.00 ------ 6/14/23
4.10% ----9.00 ------ 6/27/23

The 3-5 yr rates on Fidelity's brokered non-callable CDs hasn't move in weeks. :(

Good am. I had a CD come due today, it was 3.25% for 5 Years. On fence about getting a 5 yr CD for 4.55% $200k or going for a shorter time. EWP is 180day interest. I will not need the money before 5 years. Any suggestions? I can't see rates going much higher

Good am. I had a CD come due today, it was 3.25% for 5 Years. On fence about getting a 5 yr CD for 4.55% $200k or going for a shorter time. EWP is 180day interest. I will not need the money before 5 years. Any suggestions? I can't see rates going much higher
Wow, where in the world did you pickup a CD that paid 3.25% 5 years ago? That was a heck of a find 5 years ago.

Regardless, I'd wait until after the next Fed meeting (mid June) before deciding to buy more CD's, especially longer terms... If they pause, CD rates may have peaked. If they raise rates another 1/4 point then CD's still have more room to go up, especially shorter terms.

Last edited:

I have no real answer for you; there are a number of us in this thread playing the same game. I have $100k maturing this month and am hoping for a 5-year non-callable at 5% (not going to happen). Good luck on your decision.:popcorn:

Wow, where in the world did you pickup a CD that paid 3.25% 5 years ago? That was a heck of a find 5 years ago.
I saw that rate 5 years ago. Rates were going up for a while 2017-2018. I’m pretty sure Andrews FCU offered 3.5% for a while back then. I have a 3% from a little earlier.

Regardless, I'd wait until after the next Fed meeting (mid June) before deciding to buy more CD's, especially longer terms... If they pause, CD rates may have peaked. If they raise rates another 1/4 point then CD's still have more room to go up, especially shorter terms.

Car - Guy - , Connexus Credit Union.

I have a CD maturing late this year that is 4.75%. I only use Credit Unions. Some folks here probably do not and thus get lower rates.

I can't see rates going much higher

With the debt ceiling deal sealed, Treasury is looking to sell $1 trillion in new debt immediately. This can easily push rates higher. It's a bit of a stretch, but 6% on the one year treasury is certainly a possibility.

Additionally, Fed is likely to continue raising rates. There could be a pause or a small 0.25% hike coming, but rates will likely continue higher. Unexpected strong jobs report kinda shows the rates will go even higher.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Available this morning on Schwab:

CUSIP: 98970LG80
Zions BanCorp, Ntnl UT 5.4% CD 06/13/2024
Settlement Date: 06/14/2023
Maturity Date: 06/13/2024

Not Callable

Available this morning on Schwab:

CUSIP: 98970LG80
Zions BanCorp, Ntnl UT 5.4% CD 06/13/2024
Settlement Date: 06/14/2023