Best CD & MM Rates Thread 2019 - Please post updates here

^^^^
SCCU membership is open to all who work or live in Brevard, Broward, Flagler, Indian River, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, or Volusia Counties in Florida, as well as to the immediate family of current members.

I’m not surprised at the drops since short term rates have been dropping already.

Wealthfront

Just saw an ad for Wealthfront front cash account paying 2.57%. $1 million FDIC, and unlimited transactions. Have no personal experience with them, but I guess that may invite a lot of sales calls for their advisory services.

That Wealthfront Account looks intriguing. Close to TGTBT. How can they possibly pay so well and collect a middleman fee? I’ll just watch for now.

Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) just posted a new CD deal today. 3.5% APY 5 year. $1K minimum/no max. 12 mo. EWP. Membership has some stringent restrictions.

Anchors aweigh!

Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) just posted a new CD deal today. 3.5% APY 5 year. $1K minimum/no max. 12 mo. EWP. Membership has some stringent restrictions.

Anchors aweigh!

Ooh. I like this. We have a maturing Ally CD coming due at the beginning of August and I've been looking for a good rate. I hadn't wanted to go out 5 years, but that rate is very attractive. We have another CD at Navy and have found their platform easy to work with. NASA is another CU that we have found easy to work with and which frequently posts good rates. None at the moment though.

Crazy!

Wouldn’t work for me as I do lots of fitness activities that don’t translate to steps.

With rates dropping, I transferred a bit more from Fido MMF to NFCU CD - started at 18 mos and have been adding as CD market softened. 3.2% with 14 mos remaining.

This was just posted yesterday:

The Federal Savings Bank Offers Top-Rate 5-Year CD, 3.30% APY, new money, minimum $10,000.
Availability: Nationwide through online application.

However I'm planning on opening a 5 year 3.5% Share Certificate at Navy tomorrow. I'm lending myself money from our emergency account to open the CD until a CD matures at the beginning of August.

Anchors aweigh!

Thanks! We both joined and love our local branch.
We moved IRA funds over for the 3.5%.

Space Coast Credit Union (FL) 60-Month CD Earns 3.19% APY
Comments

Deal Summary: CDs – 48-month (3.03% APY), 54-month (3.09% APY), and 60-month (3.19% APY), $500 minimum deposit.

Availability: Residents of 29 Florida counties.

^^^ great deal. Unfortunately, I have checked into it in the past and I don't qualify.

They loosened it up quite a bit a couple years ago. If you qualify for uSAA you probably qualify for Navy Fed. If one of your family members served in the military (didn't have to be a member), you can become a member. Check the eligibility page. Did nobody here mention the $500 on $50k Marcus Bank deal similar to Ally last year? I signed up but I think the promotion ended.

It looks like perhaps I could join as my dad (now deceased) served in the military. Now it is just a matter of finding the papers proving it.

They loosened it up quite a bit a couple years ago. If you qualify for uSAA you probably qualify for Navy Fed. If one of your family members served in the military (didn't have to be a member), you can become a member. Check the eligibility page. Did nobody here mention the $500 on $50k Marcus Bank deal similar to Ally last year? I signed up but I think the promotion ended.

See https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/cashbonus for details. Ends at midnight tonight (7/29/19)

Just saw an 18-month Certificate (CD) at Navy Fed go up today at 3%..

Compared to their 5 year at 3.5%, that's a heck of an offer..

If one of your family members served in the military (didn't have to be a member), you can become a member.

Crud, I served in the military for 1 year active duty and 5 years active reservist with an honorable discharge and don't qualify myself! When going through the process, it comes to a choice between "I'm currently serving or retired" and "I'm a veteran". Well, I'm certainly not currently serving or retired. And I'm not a veteran because of certain exclusions for veteran status when active duty time is for training for reserve duty, which doesn't count toward the minimum requirement for being a veteran, which I've known for many years.

It looks like perhaps I could join as my dad (now deceased) served in the military. Now it is just a matter of finding the papers proving it.

I just opened an account at Navy CC today via a 10 minute phone call, no papers required. My dad was in the Air Force. They asked if he was either honorably discharged or retired from the military and I truthfully said yes. That was all they needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom