Best Fast Food Burgers & Fries

I've made lots of "burger steaks", usually with a skewer of mushrooms at the same time on the barbe, add a salad or veggie on the side.

OK, I don't mind a little mustard but there has to be ketchup on the burger.

OK, I don't mind a little mustard but there has to be ketchup on the burger.
I agree completely; I love ketchup on a burger! But right now I am skipping it, to cut back on calories. I discovered that a burger with mustard alone is surprisingly good.

Oh, and also it would look more appetizing on fancier dinnerware; mine is just Corelle.

I agree completely; I love ketchup on a burger! But right now I am skipping it, to cut back on calories. I discovered that a burger with mustard alone is surprisingly good.

Oh, and also it would look more appetizing on fancier dinnerware; mine is just Corelle.
I quit eating ketchup 3 years ago when I realized it was loaded with HCFS. I don't miss it or bottled salad dressings either.

I quit eating ketchup 3 years ago when I realized it was loaded with HCFS. I don't miss it or bottled salad dressings either.

Sorry I am so dense - - what is HCFS? I Googled it and just came up with some other meanings that don't make sense to me, like Highest Common Factor, and a health insurance company. :LOL: I feel so stupid.

EDITED to add: Did you mean HFCS, high fructose corn syrup? That's some icky stuff all right.

Whataburger is #1 on my list.

Yep. When we travel from Kansas to Texas. Retro me I like the the unchanged since 1947 Winstead's double cheeseburger. Out and across country I lean toward Dairy Queen. However if 'certain relatives' are around - Wendy's cause one has a franchise.

heh heh heh - The double cheeseburger is my go to 'gourmet cuisine' so check out local offerings when we travel. :dance: :dance::facepalm:

I ate a couple of the frozen White Castle burgers today and they were just ok. Almost identical to Krystal. I wouldn't want a steady diet of them but ok on a rainy day with little else in the house.

Sorry I am so dense - - what is HCFS? I Googled it and just came up with some other meanings that don't make sense to me, like Highest Common Factor, and a health insurance company. [emoji23] I feel so stupid.

EDITED to add: Did you mean HFCS, high fructose corn syrup? That's some icky stuff all right.
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, high fructose corn syrup. Yummy stuff! I'm tending to avoid all "food" that contains it.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, high fructose corn syrup. Yummy stuff! I'm tending to avoid all "food" that contains it.

Sorry to ruin your day, but most of the stuff that you're eating, probably has worse stuff than HFCS. A lot of it, you cannot pronounce. I think our whole food chain has been polluted by what's in the air, soil and water.

Probably the only thing that protects us, is our immune system, our genes, and modern medicine. And remember, in the end, no one gets out of here alive!

When I was 50 years younger, I could have eaten at McDonald's every day for weeks without tiring of it.
My soph year in college, I ate 4 Big Macs, 2 large fries & a milkshake for lunch on a bet, loser paid. Played touch football with the guys an hour later.

Ah, the good old days...jk

Nowadays one burger* from anywhere is more than enough.

*I don't eat White Castles or the like.

In a jam, if I have to go for a national chain, I'd get a Whopper. About 1 per year. So, BK would be my default junk chain. Seems like nobody I hang out with agrees though.

My soph year in college, I ate 4 Big Macs, 2 large fries & a milkshake for lunch on a bet, loser paid. Played touch football with the guys an hour later.

Ah, the good old days...jk

There was a time I could do that. In my early 20's one time I'd been out with a friend all day and hadn't eaten anything. About 3:00 PM we went into McDonald's and I ordered two Big Macs, two fish sandwiches, two large fries and a vanilla milkshake. My friend said "Hey, thanks for buying lunch!" My response was "This isn't for you, I'm going to eat all of it."

And I did.

No way could I even think about that now.

Nobody has asked me, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway.
When I make burgers at home, here's what I do.

One pound of 80% lean Angus ground beef.
One quarter pound of mild Italian sausage.
Two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce and a little salt and pepper.
Blend together by hand, with as little handling as possible.

The 20 ounces of meat will make four burgers.

Cook by the Smashburger technique on a griddle.

Serve on a toasted brioche bun with a slice of raw onion and condiments of your choice.

All this burger talk made me break down and try a new burger place in my area. It is called MyBurger. Is that a chain, or just local?

Not very good. I won't be back.

We eat burgers at home, mostly lamb or bison, also turkey. Can't remember the last time I had a beef burger away from home, but next time I want one I'm going to Braumeister's. :)

191 comments on burgers. lol

Nobody has asked me, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway.
When I make burgers at home, here's what I do.

One pound of 80% lean Angus ground beef.
One quarter pound of mild Italian sausage.
Two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce and a little salt and pepper.
Blend together by hand, with as little handling as possible.

The 20 ounces of meat will make four burgers.

Cook by the Smashburger technique on a griddle.

Serve on a toasted brioche bun with a slice of raw onion and condiments of your choice.
I don’t make (beef) burgers at home because DW doesn’t eat red meat, but your recipe sounds delicious. The only burgers we have at home are Black Bean Chipotle burgers. Yuck, but DW tells me marriage is give and take...:whistle:

Last edited:
I don’t make (beef) burgers at home because DW doesn’t eat red meat, but your recipe sounds delicious. The only burgers we have at home are Black Bean Chipotle burgers. Yuck, but DW tells me marriage is give and take...:whistle:

Yea, but I would give her the black bean burger and take the beef one... :LOL:

I like veggie burgers .You just to have add a slice of tomato and some mustard .

We have a few Roy Rogers franchises around. Their burger is pretty good at a fast food price. They still have the toppings bar to add your own condiments. Not as fancy as Fuddrucker’s but I like it.

Back
Top Bottom