BEST JOB

Outtahere said:
Have you found over the years that the best jobs usually coincide with the crappy pay?

Yes, but not cube_rat's job.

Yeah, cube_rat, you can't go around telling people that you were good enough to perform at the best "theater" on the West Coast without some proof. Show us some pics from your performing days.

Factroy Rep with a luxury car company. Get to drive around in a new car all the time, talking to dealers, my gas is paid for, my insurance is paid for, work from home, no one watching over my shoulder, a bos that's not like a boss, more like a friend, work from home, oh said that already, leave after rush hour get back before rush hour, on my way to the beach by noon on friday,
Why should I retire early? HMM

:D

Outtahere said:
Have you found over the years that the best jobs usually coincide with the crappy pay?

Yeah, one of my favorite jobs was washing dishes at Harolds Delicatessen in the chestnut hill mall in MA when I was a teenager. Sporadic work, paid decently, waitresses gave me a wad of bills if I helped bus and setup their tables, and all the food I wanted to eat. During slow periods we played cards. Really cool crew. But yeah, the pay sucked.

I used to start most days with a giant bagel, big schmear of cream cheese, and about a half pound of lox.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I used to start most days with a giant bagel, big schmear of cream cheese, and about a half pound of lox.

Mm, yum. I was just fantasizing about bagels, cream cheese and lox yesterday, and I've been having bagels and cream cheese today (no lox at the store I was at).

I've found a job I really want.  Y'all probably can't top this one.

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time.

Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.

Ah, the perks.... and the weather ain't bad, either. ;)

Eagle43 said:
I've found a job I really want. Y'all probably can't top this one.

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time.

It sounds like a really good job, but like any other career field, it has its ups and downs and can be cyclical in nature.

Case in point, I was in Guam (along with several thousand other GI’s) in the early 70’s and the unemployment numbers for these guys were off the charts. Although I never saw anything official, it was obvious by the number of volunteers that serving the local community was considered to be a military requirement. And the level of altruism shown by my brothers in arms was very impressive. Not to mention the creativity demonstrated in locating those in need and convincing them they were only there to help…truly seminal.

Back
Top Bottom