Best way to get SIL's $$$ to her in nursing home

Even though it is a bit convoluted my first thought was for her (or you) to open a bank account to be used exclusively for Paypal if she is using the money for ordering on line. No cards or cash to steal. Pay with Paypal and the money is deducted from the bank account. Feed her account as the balance gets low.
Just a thought.

Cheers!

Thanks to each and every one of you for your responses. DH sent the cut & pasted version to his sister.

SIL decided to accept several gift cards, one at a time. Today, I had one sent from Amazon, per her request, for $500.00. All is good on that front.

The day after I posted my query, our wonderful dog was diagnosed with anal sac cancer. He had surgery yesterday. He is getting back to feeling kinda decent.

You think you have a problem and all of a sudden, you have much larger questions.

Much obliged...

That was a good idea sending the responses to her and letting her decide on how best to get the gift cards.

Hope your dog is feeling better and makes a full recovery!

SIL decided to accept several gift cards, one at a time. Today, I had one sent from Amazon, per her request, for $500.00. All is good on that front.

Do you mean you sent her a physical Amazon gift card?

Or did you sent a VISA or Mastercard gift card?

Even though it is a bit convoluted my first thought was for her (or you) to open a bank account to be used exclusively for Paypal if she is using the money for ordering on line. No cards or cash to steal. Pay with Paypal and the money is deducted from the bank account. Feed her account as the balance gets low.
Just a thought.

Cheers!

The PayPal/bank account idea is a good one we'd never thought of. DH ran that by his sister today and she is considering it.

We had an Amazon card (physical) mailed to her. She received it today.

The PayPal/bank account idea is a good one we'd never thought of. DH ran that by his sister today and she is considering it.

We had an Amazon card (physical) mailed to her. She received it today.

There isn't any need for a physical Amazon gift card.

You can email her an Amazon eGift card which she can easily add to her Amazon account. Once the balance goes low, you email her another eGift card which she can use to replenish the balance.

The physical Amazon gift card route was taken because SIL specifically asked that we send a physical card and not an e-card.

She might change her mind for future gift cards. We'd be happy with that.

Thanks again for all responses.

Back
Top Bottom