Beware Dog Snacks

Purina's dog treat Frosty Paws has pretty low protein content. Frosty Paws is great summertime treat. Can be a bit tough to find in the ice cream freezer section in the grocery store and even both flavors look like ice cream.

My DW makes her own and they LOVE 'EM!!! I have sampled them as well and have to say, they are quite delicious! :D

I have thought about just making all his food. I know the commercial dog food companies have all these dire warnings about not being able to give your dog a balanced diet, but is that real or a marketing technique?
It is not a marketing technique. Veterinarians know that a balanced diet (AAFCO approved) needs to include certain vitamins and minerals, along with calcium to balance the meat in a diet.

Many people do cook for their dogs, and they use veterinarian dieticians to help construct a diet - especially when the pet is older and diet needs can help with health problems. Pet food companies got into this business after WWII when people stopped wanting to cook for their dogs. Unlike human diets, you can't transfer the dietary needs of a human to a dog, it just doesn't work out for them long-term.

Back
Top Bottom