Big Kitchen Appliance Box - Keep or Toss?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I bought this big slow cooker over a month ago from Amazon. The cooker is a keeper. I bought from Amazon Warehouse so after the 30 day return, there really isn't a warrantee time remaining.

Question now becomes. Do I toss the box that came with the save space? Or do I just toss out?

I probably don't plan on putting the cooker in storage. But I say that today. Who knows if I may change my mind months in the future. If I do, would be nice to have the right packaging to put into.

Decisions, decisions :(.

What I have done in the past is to cut the large box into just the sides and store them flat somewhere. They can come in hand if I am changing a car's oil or something like that.

-gauss

Does it have a molded insert or is it just a box? If just a box, you can get a box from u-haul for a couple bucks if you ever need it. If it’s got a molded insert, then you might want to keep it if you have room. Personally, I wouldn’t, but you should do you.

Does it have a molded insert or is it just a box? If just a box, you can get a box from u-haul for a couple bucks if you ever need it. If it’s got a molded insert, then you might want to keep it if you have room. Personally, I wouldn’t, but you should do you.

Molded styrofoam inserts to hold the cooker.

Toss everything unless you have unlimited space to store packaging. Our garage attic was full of this for years until I just got up there and cut it all up and threw it in our recycle bin. Took a few weeks worth of pickup to get it all out of there.

What I have done in the past is to cut the large box into just the sides and store them flat somewhere. They can come in hand if I am changing a car's oil or something like that.

-gauss

Exactly what I do with them.

I say toss now that warranty is over, as I'm pretty sure you won't be shipping it.

If you needed to store it , you could put it in another box with some paper or even old clothes around it.

I have the same issue, last week I noticed I have old desktop computer boxes with Styrofoam up in the garage, I've realized if I move, the computers are just going in my trunk anyhow and will take less space out of a box.
Now I have to get up there to toss out the boxes :D

-gauss

Yep, that is what I do also.

I ended up do what any work in progress hoarder would do. Shoved the box in storage to decide another day :( :angel:. Perhaps a few months down the road I'll toss.

You're being led astray by the other posters -- take the box to the top of a hill, get inside and roll all the way down! You'll feel 50 years younger. :)

I'd throw it out. Frank, on the other hand, would probably keep the box for 30 years.

I call him a hoarder. He responds by pointing out that if I ever DO need to return something I'll be out of luck. We laugh and go back and forth about such things.

I might save a few until the warrantee runs out on the appliance and then let the cats play in them for awhile before they go into the recycle.

Cheers!

I'm terrible about throwing the boxes and inserts out. Our basement storage room is like walking through a 3D maze.

Give those big boxes to some local children in the area of 6-10 years old. They will have a lot of fun with it.

Heh, heh, I save 'em 'til DW can't stand it any longer - then I throw them out (if she doesn't do it first!)

Gal nests boxes inside each other, them piles the nested boxes high. I wait till i can't stand it, them cut, collapse and recycle them. For big appliance boxes I just cut the tape and collapse them, then store on edge with plywood or the like trapping them.

Yeah, if you have any kids around keep it for them.

I keep them to use for test sprays with the airless sprayer to get the pressure right. The pressure has to be high enough to avoid "tails" but no higher than that. "Tails" are a line of weak or no paint application in the spray band followed by a line of paint. Kind of hard to explain in text but easy to visually. Start at 6:00.

Back
Top Bottom