Blue Cross ????

molly312

Recycles dryer sheets
I continue to get emails telling me to fill out settlement form. My spouse, who passed away last year, took care of all medical insurance, especially since I was undergoing chemo,etc.

To file for both of us is very complicated and I am wondering if this is worth my time? I can't imagine that it is.

Has anybody had any experience with this matter?

I found the website to be very straightforward. You just need to know the years you had coverage with them.

The amount received will be a function of how many people file a claim. The more like yourself who believe it's not worth wasting their time over will increase the amount for the rest.

It's odd that you are receiving emails for it - you should have received something by US mail.

If you received the notice by email, I would be suspect that it could be a phishing scam.

This is the official website:
https://www.bcbssettlement.com/

I’ve received a bunch of emails from BCBS regarding the settlement, and I think they’re legit. BCBC has my email address from the account registration.

i've filled out settlement forms forms for yahoo, equifax and others i can't recall. i'm still waiting on all of them. IMO not worth the time and effort.

i've filled out settlement forms forms for yahoo, equifax and others i can't recall. i'm still waiting on all of them. IMO not worth the time and effort.

I agree, not worth it in many cases. Just got email about "milk" settlement. If I go through all the hoops on that one, I would get $7.61 or thereabouts. :facepalm:

Filled out the online form and received a check for 348.14 from BCBS IL. I am not sure if the two actions were related, but it was a nice surprise.

VW

I'm sure BC is paying out a lot of money and somebody is getting a lot of money, but my guess is those actually "harmed" won't be getting much of the money. Just the way it works. Remember the Big Tobacco settlement? States got (are getting) 100s of billions in settlement money. It's a mixed bag, but clearly a lot of that money is NOT going to those harmed by tobacco. YMMV

Here's an NPR story on the BT settlement and how the money is being spent:

https://www.npr.org/2013/10/13/2334... part of the 25-year, $246 billion settlement.

Filled out the online form and received a check for 348.14 from BCBS IL. I am not sure if the two actions were related, but it was a nice surprise.

Don't believe they have sent out any payments yet as part of the settlement and doubt the settlement payments will be close to that based on the number of BCBS members. What you received is probably the medical loss ratio rebate that is part of ACA, I've received these rebate checks from BCBS each of the last few years.

Last edited:
Don't believe they have sent out any payments yet as part of the settlement and doubt the settlement payments will be close to that based on the number of BCBS members. What you received is probably the medical loss ratio rebate that is part of ACA, I've received these rebate checks from BCBS each of the last few years.

Yes, that is what I got a rebate as part of the ACA. I actually almost pay nothing for HI after that rebate.

I filled out the form online... IIRC it was pretty easy to do... not sure when I will get anything...

I have gotten checks in the mail from other settlements that I had forgotten about... most small dollars, but sometime up to $100...

Back
Top Bottom