Bo Hopkins, who usually play Sheriff in the 70s-80s movies passed away

I remember him most from American Graffiti and The Wild Bunch. RIP

Same here with the small town sheriff.

I remember him most from American Graffiti and The Wild Bunch. RIP

His "wild Bunch" role was over the top (guess you could say the same thing about the whole movie). His portrayal of a high school punk in "American Graffiti" was just right -- menacing in a funny way. Really his breakthrough role, IMO.

He was a lot more menacing in "Midnight Express," as a CIA agent working with Turkish police to track down an American drug smuggler. Not a big role, but memorable.

It's weird how obscure movies can stick in my mind. My first thought was the killer whale trainer from "Tentacles"!

His "wild Bunch" role was over the top (guess you could say the same thing about the whole movie). His portrayal of a high school punk in "American Graffiti" was just right -- menacing in a funny way. Really his breakthrough role, IMO.

He was a lot more menacing in "Midnight Express," as a CIA agent working with Turkish police to track down an American drug smuggler. Not a big role, but memorable.

I agree that his "menacing but funny" was his best acting gift. Marching terrified hostages around singing "Shall We Gather At The River" in The Wild Bunch was classic!

Back
Top Bottom