Bought Allianz annuity and want OUT

Hope you are getting the message about redundancy and persistence in communication. Mutiple addresses for mail and fax, require a respond by date from them and add that you will not hesitate to submit a complaint to the insurance commissioner if you do not hear from them by a set time...

Should get someone's attention

require a respond by date from them

Please elaborate on that. Are you referring to the registered letter receipt? Or a letter from Allianz indicating that they have received my notice to opt out?

Thx

Annuities are disasters. I try to convince people here about how they aren't what they think they are but I'm frequently insulted and talked down to. I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways and I wish you success in unwinding it.

I disagree.....you've made your point known hundreds of times............:p

BTW, involving the insurance commissioner will SLOW down the process, not speed it up. Only use them as a last resort. Just make sure you get the names, extensions, and numbers of all involved.

I can't find any mention of why OP changed his mind and wants to opt out. Is it because he found a cheaper source for an annuity? Or because he suddenly re-evaluated his reasons for wanting to buy one in the first place? Or just buyer's remorse?

It seems clear to me that in principle a single premium immediate annuity is a very useful retirement income product for the right person.

All that is left is to determine whether you are that person, and if the products available are reasonably enough priced so that the theoretical advantages are not lost to slippage and costs.

Ha

I suspect it had something to do with Peggy's thread where it was uncovered that this particular company is being sued for deceptive practices and that their products are severely lacking.

I agree completely that the right quality annuity product purchased with full knowledge and understanding of its workings from a reputable company has a potentially useful function in retirement by creating a predictable income stream.

I'm thinking the problems here may have been in the 'right quality', 'full understanding' and 'reputable company' areas...

I disagree.....you've made your point known hundreds of times............:p

BTW, involving the insurance commissioner will SLOW down the process, not speed it up. Only use them as a last resort. Just make sure you get the names, extensions, and numbers of all involved.

When you are trying to get out of the contract and faced with a very short time line, you need all the ammunition you can get and all the documentation you can get.

When you are trying to get out of the contract and faced with a very short time line, you need all the ammunition you can get and all the documentation you can get.

You're entitled to your opinion, but as someone who has experince dealing with insurance companies, you perhaps should give some weight to my input.......:)

You're entitled to your opinion, but as someone who has experince dealing with insurance companies, you perhaps should give some weight to my input.......:)

I've had enough of my own experiences dealing with insurance companies to be confident in my approach. I've found that if it involves giving them money they are very helpful. If money is to flow the other way, the whole process slows down and you better maintain your focus to make sure you get it done the way you want.

Back
Top Bottom