Build America Bonds

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Now these critters look interesting...munis with a twist...
Muni issuers test bond provisions in U.S. stimulus - Forbes.com

It looks like legislation was introduced in 2005 and 2007, but it never became law.
Today's version is actually REBUILD America Bonds Act of 2009.
[link deleted by moderator per OP's request]

I'm not buying any. Too new, too weird looking even for me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh. I noticed you've become the first link under blog coverage on the opencongress page.

Am I correct in assuming these were bought by Wells Fargo for 5.12% yield and will be resold to private bidders for slightly less?

-CC

I posted a thread at bogleheads about these bonds. Hope you guys (Ladies and Gents) don't mind? They are interesting so wanted to see what that group might say about them too.
Just want to learn about any new (to me) and safe investment out there.
Steve

I have no idea how they will shake out. I figured I would throw it up (not literally ;)) here for discussion.
My interest is merely exploratory. To give an example, when ETFs first came out, it was over 2 years before I went near them. I only own VTI. The jury is still out on that. :nonono:
Good idea to post at the Bogelhead's site. Please pass on any links of interest. :D.

Just strikes me as odd how "the matrix" works. :)

The magic of google analytics or opencongress tracking where clicks are comin' from or something.

Probably a simple explanation, but spooky to me, at the same time.

-CC

I hear ya loud and clear. :(
If using that link is going to attract undesired attention from the depths of the cyberborg, could a moderator please erase the opencongress link from my original post for me?
I can no longer edit my thread-starting post.

Back
Top Bottom