Canada has legal cannabis today

Going through grocery checkout this aft (in Canada) I asked myself, what is that awful smell, cat urine? Turned out guy next to me reeked of grass.

Last edited:
As marijuana becomes more acceptable, tax collections are likely to decrease. Marijuana is a weed, it is far easier to grow and maintain than it is to brew alcohol. Ten seeds will give you enough crop to last a year and more than 1,000 seeds. Any halfway decent home gardener will never have to buy it after harvesting one crop and letting it come to seed.

As marijuana becomes more acceptable, tax collections are likely to decrease. Marijuana is a weed, it is far easier to grow and maintain than it is to brew alcohol. Ten seeds will give you enough crop to last a year and more than 1,000 seeds. Any halfway decent home gardener will never have to buy it after harvesting one crop and letting it come to seed.

Yeah, sort of, but not really... The best homegrown would have to be females only (sinsemilla), so any seed stock would have to be segregated from the smoke stock. And you need good seed to start. And though they grow like “weeds”, much better yield is had with careful pruning. Or so I’ve heard. [emoji56]

Not to mention hybrid techniques...

Is marijuana a gateway drug? Of course, it's a gateway drug, and government policy keeps it that way. Why is alcohol not a gateway drug? Because it is not categorized by policy makers as a drug, even though it can be terribly addictive. Young adults see the world in black and white, good or bad. They don't see the shades of gray those of us who are much older see. When they realize they are being lied to, the next question they have is, "What else are they lying about? If they lie about marijuana being so bad, then maybe they are lying about cocaine, LSD, and other drugs." When we separate marijuana from truly hard drugs, and honestly separate the hype from the problems with using marijuana, young people will be more likely to believe that using harder drugs is truly a bad idea.

Yeah, sort of, but not really... The best homegrown would have to be females only (sinsemilla), so any seed stock would have to be segregated from the smoke stock. And you need good seed to start. And though they grow like “weeds”, much better yield is had with careful pruning. Or so I’ve heard. [emoji56]

Not to mention hybrid techniques...

Not in my experience. First, letting a plant go to seed does not seriously diminish the quality of the high. The tiny leaves surrounding the buds are chocked full of THC. Second, it is easy to distinguish between male and female plants, so after a few plants are fertilized, the males can be pulled and harvested. The females that mature later will not be fertilized and will produce buds. The most important rule for the home marijuana gardener living in a non-legal state is, Never buy it, Never sell it. Share it with close friends, but not with those outside your long time circle.

Back
Top Bottom