Carpet Cleaning Machine

My objective is to clean the entire carpet in a few rooms. I was just hoping to get one myself and do them. I have had a profession outfit do many years old and wasn't satisfied with it.

I appreciate the input and hoping for more personal experiences of the results and if it is a good idea to get one. Thanks

Just like the consumer products you are considering, there are differences in the professional cleaners. We used a service (recommended by our realtor) when we were selling our town house. I didn't think it would be possible to refurbish the moderately aged carpet (or remove the few stains that had been "set" over the years.) But indeed they made the carpet look NEW. Their service was relatively expensive and quite elaborate. Their machine was a truck that sat outside and hoses ran into the actual device that delivered chemicals and agitation to the carpet. I had my doubts, but must say I was totally impressed. Heh, heh, 10 years ago, so don't recall the name, but it was one of the "steamer" variety of cleaners. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can bring in a carpet cleaner and shampoo your carpets - and charge big bucks. Professionals with an investment have to do a good job or they are gone in no time.

Sorry, I answered a question you didn't ask! You know me.:LOL::facepalm::angel:

Just like the consumer products you are considering, there are differences in the professional cleaners. We used a service (recommended by our realtor) when we were selling our town house. I didn't think it would be possible to refurbish the moderately aged carpet (or remove the few stains that had been "set" over the years.) But indeed they made the carpet look NEW. Their service was relatively expensive and quite elaborate. Their machine was a truck that sat outside and hoses ran into the actual device that delivered chemicals and agitation to the carpet. I had my doubts, but must say I was totally impressed. Heh, heh, 10 years ago, so don't recall the name, but it was one of the "steamer" variety of cleaners. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can bring in a carpet cleaner and shampoo your carpets - and charge big bucks. Professionals with an investment have to do a good job or they are gone in no time.

Sorry, I answered a question you didn't ask! You know me.[emoji23]:facepalm::angel:
Koolau,
I rented a reasonably decent carpet shampooer to clean my aunt's apartment carpets. It pulled a lot of dirt out, and it looked cleaner, but it was okay at best.
There was a professional doing her hallway, and she paid him to go over her hallway again. What a difference. He had a truck with a huge vacuum system built into the back.
Hired professional to do my partners condo before selling, and had the same results. I was sure she should get new carpet, but the professional big vacuum system made that old carpet look new.
I don't think the smaller units are worth messing with now.
JP

Back
Top Bottom