Carvana v CarMax v Vroom

We also have no state income tax... or rain. :cool:

Floods by the strip. :LOL::LOL:
ap294883628356-1-.jpg

Hey, they are all handling it Vegas-Cool. :cool:

Carmax offered $17,000 for my wife's 2015 Rav4 XLE with 35k miles, but we sold it privately for $18,000 and probably could have got more.

got over 90 inquiries on craigslist and facebook marketplace.

One other difference between CarMax and Carvana: I am administering by sister's estate, and I want to sell her car. I could not find the title for her car, so sent away to the DMV for a duplicate title. Now I have learned that Carvana insists that the title be in my name (the executor), not hers. CarMax will allow me to sell it to them, with the duplicate title, Death Certificate, and Letter of Testimentary.

Since it is a 2019 car with low miles, the Carvana offer is higher, so I am going to go ahead and jump through the hoops for them.

I've always sold my used cars myself, mostly through Craigslist or online forums for the type of car it was. In all cases I got at least $4500 more than the dealer trade in value and sometimes as much as $7500 more. I keep my cars in good shape, in every case the first person who looked at it bought it. It wasn't too much trouble to ignore the scammers. Local cash sale only.

I've always sold my used cars myself, mostly through Craigslist or online forums for the type of car it was. In all cases I got at least $4500 more than the dealer trade in value and sometimes as much as $7500 more. I keep my cars in good shape, in every case the first person who looked at it bought it. It wasn't too much trouble to ignore the scammers. Local cash sale only.

+1
Got quotes from Carvana/Carmax when I sold my Honda last year but both were more than $7000 below what I got through Craigslist.

I know I’m leaving money on the table by not selling myself, and I did so when I was young. But these days I don’t want some nut job or lowballer coming to my house to look, or some seemingly decent person coming back if there’s a problem with the car after purchase - even though I’ve never sold a car in bad shape or without disclosing an issue. I’ve heard some horror stories about unreasonable buyers after sale, from online and a few people I actually know. To each his/her own.

Back
Top Bottom