CDC has approved 4th vaccine dose for some people

I don’t think long COVID people are still positive though. I presumed it was just residual damage slow to repair.

Slightly off topic: Visited my doc today for an "issue." He said, "So you've had Covid."

"No doc, but I've had my 1st booster and will soon have my 2nd though none of that is in your official records."

Stunned silence. YMMV

Slightly off topic: Visited my doc today for an "issue." He said, "So you've had Covid."

"No doc, but I've had my 1st booster and will soon have my 2nd though none of that is in your official records."

Stunned silence. YMMV

What are you trying to say?

What are you trying to say?

I've got a vaccine passport with all my info on it and the info hasn't made it into my medial records. Instead, my doc thinks I've had Covid when I have not - just three tests (all negative.) Just thought that was kinda interesting since we're talking about vaccines and boosters on a thread about Covid. Maybe it's not for everyone as YMMV.

I've got a vaccine passport with all my info on it and the info hasn't made it into my medial records. Instead, my doc thinks I've had Covid when I have not - just three tests (all negative.) Just thought that was kinda interesting since we're talking about vaccines and boosters on a thread about Covid. Maybe it's not for everyone as YMMV.
I thought you meant he was shocked you never got covid

I thought you meant he was shocked you never got covid

Heh, heh, he did seem a bit befuddled. Then again, I was there at almost 6PM so it had been a long hard slog for him, I guess.

This could all be a coincidence but my 90 year old mother had Covid back in early February and since then had been having memory problems, like she had brain fog. About a week ago mother had her fourth booster of Pfizer and over the weekend suddenly her memory seems much better. Could the booster have knocked out some remaining Covid virus that was causing her memory problems? Or maybe she is just getting over her covid memory fog? Whatever, I am glad to have my sweet mother back and hope it lasts.

Apparently for some long Covid sufferers a booster helps clear some symptoms. But it’s definitely hit or miss.

Maybe it did help her immune system clear some lingering virus.

We went today and received the Moderna as our second booster. Our first two covid vaccines and our first booster were Pfizer.

We went today and received the Moderna as our second booster. Our first two covid vaccines and our first booster were Pfizer.

Please let us know if you notice a difference in "reaction" to the Moderna vs Pfizer. Aloha

I did the same, crossed over and used Moderna for the second booster, which I got in early April. No effects or reaction from any of them.

For adults, there is no difference between shots for Pfizer, all the shots are the same.
For Moderna, the Moderna booster is 1/2 dose.

So since I never had a first or second vax from Moderna, I can't say anything about those.

I found this two page CDC chart on vax including dosages:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/downloads/COVID-19-immunization-schedule-ages-5yrs-older.pdf

Pfizer booster dosage is the same amount as the original dosage (30mg) while the Moderna booster is only half the original dosage of 100mg so it's 50mg (Age 70+ gets the full 100mg). So the Moderna booster has 20mg more mRNA in it than Pfizer. Not sure if that makes any difference, but I had more side effects from my Moderna booster (I've only had one so far) than the first two Pfizer shots.

Please let us know if you notice a difference in "reaction" to the Moderna vs Pfizer. Aloha

My first 3 were Pfizer and my fourth was Moderna.

The third Pfizer was the worst, cold like symtoms for a couple of days. No fever measured but when I slept or napped, I perspired as if I burned off a fever. Body aches for 1-2 days.

My first three were Pfizer. Had some gastrointestinal issues after the first shot, but was fine with the next two. Yesterday I got my second booster and opted for Moderna. Last night was the night from hell….

I started with achy body and then went into severe chills by 8pm. Had the heat up to 75, three layers of heavy clothes, and 4 layers of blankets, including a down comforter and I shook so bad I thought I was going to crack my teeth [emoji15]. With some very focused breathing exercises, I was finally able to doze off around 10pm. Woke on and off most the night, but by midnight the bad chills were gone.

Still feel achy today but I’m guessing I’m over the worst of it. Can’t imagine going through that for 24+ hrs.

Thinking I’ll go back to Pfizer when we need a new round [emoji14]

Besides “quantity”, I’d love to know what the other differences are between the two mRNA shots.

We had Moderna for second booster, after Pfizer for the first three.
No noticeable change in reaction--mild headache, arm ache at injection site, a little achy all over, lasted two days.

Just got back from getting my 2nd Pfizer booster.

I timed to get the shot in the afternoon so if there is an immune response in about 12 hrs like in the past, hopefully I'll be snoozing away and not feel a thing.

It has been over 28 hours since we received the Moderna booster. I did not notice a difference. My arm is a little sore, the same as it was for Pfizer.

My DH said that his arm felt a little sore and his body feels a little achy. He has been reading a book or on his iPad today.

Thanks to all for the update on Moderna booster reactions. At the back of my mind I was thinking of switching to Pfizer - if possible - as I had a significant reaction to my Moderna booster - but not to the first two Moderna shots. Weird, huh?

Thanks to all for the update on Moderna booster reactions. At the back of my mind I was thinking of switching to Pfizer - if possible - as I had a significant reaction to my Moderna booster - but not to the first two Moderna shots. Weird, huh?

I also had more severe reactions to the Moderna boosters. Much less arm soreness, but more other. The second booster had me with severe from the gut nausea during the night. Back to bed and up at 8am and same level of nausea. Took nausea meds and slept until noon, then good. However, for the next 2 days I had bouts of much milder from the gut nausea episodes.

KM, I had the same severe chills with my first Pfizer vaccine. It’s the worst I have ever experienced.

I have had 4 Moderna vaccines and other than a sore arm no side effects.

KM, I had the same severe chills with my first Pfizer vaccine. It’s the worst I have ever experienced.

I got my 2nd Pfizer booster (4th shot in all) yesterday. Did get a slight fever, chills, muscle aches, headache. Wasn't as bad as the 2nd shot that was about 28 days from the original, but noticeable.

I think we’re going to go ahead and get our 2nd booster next week. We plan to switch to Moderna for this one since there appears to be an increased protection benefit.

I’m not willing to wait until for the combination booster which likely won’t be available until fall probably another 6 months.

I’ve read some articles that indicate that antigenic sin is not an issue for the mRNA vaccines. Of course most of that discussion was speculation anyway. Regardless, there really aren’t other vaccines available now, so I just have to choose the best available.

Did anyone notice that Dr Fauci commented that we are out of the Pandemic stage? Anyone changing their opinions about getting multiple Covid boosters at this stage of the game?

If not, what criteria are you looking at to form your opinion.

I'm at 3 and done until either we go back into a pandemic stage or a new variant with a vaccine specific to that variant makes an appearance.

Back
Top Bottom