Cleaning Vinyl Siding

runnerr

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello,
I have to clean the vinyl siding and was wondering what is the best product to use and procedure do you use.

I remember when I sprayed forced water from my hose on to my vinyl siding. It wasn't too many days later I had mosquitoes swarming around like crazy. I think water was trapped under the siding. I don't like to force spray my siding any more.

I use a pressure washer. One (very industrious) neighbor washed his with a sponge, bucket of water and a hose.

Need to be carful not to flood the cavity behind the siding. It's water tight to a rainfall ... hurricane driven rain (or pressurewasher) - not so much.

Thus the sponge.

I use a pressure washer. If possible, spray at a slightly downward angle and don't spray the seams.

I used a pressure washer. I noticed my siding had several holes on the bottom of the individual pieces. I assumed they were there for drainage in case water got behind the siding and air flow to dry any condensation. I did spray the seems, because the ones on my house are overlapped similar to roof shingles. I can spray one way and no water can get in, but the other way a lot of water will get in and start to rip the siding off. On the areas too high to spray I used a stiff brush on a long pole and simple water.

Back
Top Bottom