Colonoscopy Fun

Thanks so much for all of the responses. This was my 3rd procedure and I highly recommend Osmoprep as it was far easier to take than the 2 previous preps.

The procedure picked up 2 polyps (same as 5 years ago) both of witch were non-cancerous. I'm on the 5 year plan and no longer think of the procedure as torture as long as osmoprep is around.

The way I handled it was to pour the prep liquid into a beer mug and pretended I was a chugging down a couple glasses of beer. It worked. Yes, IIRC the stuff was gross, but something about changing the psychological aspect helped me down it. I've had these procedures done twice and it's really no big deal now.

Having had a life-threatening health condition at the tender age of 38 (I survived obviously) during which one shocking procedure after another was carried out on me, nothing phases me now. In fact, this year I had the male equivalent of a pap smear done, where they stick a long cotton swab in your behind. The PA said "now you're going to feel X." I told him to just go ahead and do whatever he needed to do as I'd had every indignity known to god and man done to me and nothing phased me now. He laughed, but it's the truth.

My first colonoscopy the doctor gave me the pills & I became extremely ill with my kidneys starting to shut down. The next time they gave me the liquid to drink & said they no longer prescribe the pills because they are too hard on your body.

Had my second colonoscopy a few months ago and the prep was not bad at all. Miralax and Dulcolax with two bottles of Gatorade. Barring any unforeseen problems I don't need to worry about it for another ten years according to my doctor.

Back
Top Bottom