Communities' thoughts on handling an inheritance?

I'm curious... are there ways to keep the inheritance or distribution private from a family member who isn't listed? Your share that is. Or does sister automatically get to see what is passed to you in his will?
. :nonono:
As far as I remember, If you are not mentioned in the will, you have no right to see it. The same is true of trusts. When my wife died, everyone mentioned in the trust was sent a copy.
When my mom died, I know I was in the trust, but my sister was to get the bulk of what was left. Since she had been handling mom's affairs, I felt she earned whatever she got and I had no problem with that.

As far as I remember, If you are not mentioned in the will, you have no right to see it. The same is true of trusts. When my wife died, everyone mentioned in the trust was sent a copy...
Yes when MIL passed, her will specifically mentioned excluding an estranged son who she had never heard from in 20 years. We had to hire a skip-tracer to track him down. This was to inform him that he was excluded.

He was less than 90 minutes away and DW and I made many trips so see him and provide things for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom