******** - conservative initial portfolio changing to 100% equities over time

Animorph

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
******** allows gradual portfolio changes with time, so I thought I'd see what I could do with a conservative initial portfolio during the "critical years"

I used the ******** defaults, solving for the maximum withdrawal amount for a 100% success rate.

Constant 100% equities: 3.49% maximum withdrawal rate.

50/50 portfolio changing to 100% equities from 2015-2028: 3.55% maximum withdrawal rate.

That was the best portfolio split and timing I found. So, not much difference as far as I could tell. I don't know what the final portfolio values would be for either case, but I'm sure the 50/50 portfolio comes with some cost there.

There's a produce CSV option on the start page but I could only get it to provide the data for one run. Not sure if there's a bug, I'm missing some option, or a full data download is just not available yet.

It would be nice if the summary table listed other quantiles beside the median.

I just tried it, I liked that it had the ability to stop a spouse's social security -just in case we both don't leave this world at the exact same time...I got 100%, with just my equities, then less 20%, then if I spend 100k a year until SS kicks in. I'd say I'm ready.

Back
Top Bottom