Consumer Cellular

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've seen a few mentions here that this service is a good carrier to save some money and still get good coverage. I have also noted mention of other carriers that I've never heard of and don't know if they are even available in our marked. I'm handcuffed to AT&T until the 30th, but my DW and I stopped in a Sears to find out about Consumer Cellular. We were told Sears only sells phones, SIM cards and accessories and that signup in done on the website. Also told that they actually use AT&T's network, which is very reliable in our market.

We currently pay AT&T $178 a month (not including fees, which kicks it to $202) for our 2 iPhones... Looks like we would pay about $75 total to CC for 500 anytime minutes and 2gig of data, all shared. That's a big, big savings.
Cutting our landline and moving to CC looks to save about $2,100 a year!

Any reviews or input about this carrier would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

Tailgate
We have had Consumer Cell for the last six months with no complaints. You should know that unlike ATT, there is NO international option so if cross border travel is in your plans, you should expect to get a burner once in country.
I do like that I can pick a different amount of time and data each month if I need to. They generally send an email to alert me if my plan minutes are too low for month to date usage. For example, we were traveling internationally for almost a month so I basically put the phone on minimum minutes and saved 20 bucks. Just boosted it back up when we got back.
Nwsteve

I've had Consumer Cellullar for about six years now. Been very happy. Currently have 3 lines cost about $50 a month though none are smartphones. They do resell ATT,you may be able to just transfer your current iphones over with a SIM card change.

DH finally decided to get rid of AT&T but wanted to keep both his old dumb phone and his phone number.

He called Consumer Cellular, told them what he wanted, and they offered him a free SIM card to try out. it arrived, he installed it in his old phone (6 years old!) and called CC to activate it. They also disconnected him from AT&T; we got AT&T's final bill the other day.

He has been pleased with the transition so far, and his bill is about half of what it was.

Back
Top Bottom