Corona Beer Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was guy in my neighborhood trading each bottle of corona beer you brought him for a roll of toilet paper! :)

I've got about a 3 week supply in the refrigerator. Even though it's still in the store (saw it Sunday) I don't want to stock up too much since it does go bad pretty quickly. I can notice the change in flavor after about 4 to 6 weeks and by the time it's 2 to 3 months old, it's undrinkable to me. It becomes "almost" as bad as Budweiser is when it's fresh.:LOL:

Last edited:
Strangely enough, people don't seem to be buying as much beer as usual.

I was talking to a brewery owner the other day, a friend of mine. His brewery is still operating but he said Kroger called him and said they were asking breweries to hold off on deliveries for a while; they have all they can store at present.

Corona could stop completely down the road.
Who wants a name like that now?

Corona could stop completely down the road.
Who wants a name like that now?

Wait until the Tecate virus hits.

Strangely enough, people don't seem to be buying as much beer as usual.

I was talking to a brewery owner the other day, a friend of mine. His brewery is still operating but he said Kroger called him and said they were asking breweries to hold off on deliveries for a while; they have all they can store at present.

The beer distributors here in Pa were told to close up, except for curbside orders. I don't want to do the curbside thing (folks waiting outside in their cars and you need to download an app) so I buy my beer at the grocery store, where it is still allowed. But the beer at the grocery store is 10% higher in price. So to 'punish' the higher beer prices, I am also buying cheap jug wine at the grocery store. Ha ha, might even be more expensive per ounce of alcohol to buy the cheap wine, but whatevs. Blow that dough, ha ha.

The beer distributors here in Pa were told to close up, except for curbside orders. I don't want to do the curbside thing (folks waiting outside in their cars and you need to download an app) so I buy my beer at the grocery store, where it is still allowed.

My local micro-brewery is now doing home deliveries within a 10 mile radius. It's a little on the expensive side, but I'm tempted. :) Unfortunately, our favorite beer they make is not available for delivery or takeout. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I would buy that one by the keg if they offered it. It's a dark stout aged in bourbon barrels. Yummy.

I'm more of a wine drinker and we've been buying Bota Box Merlot for the last few months (before COVID). It's about the cheapest price per ounce wine that still tastes decent from the grocery store.

My local micro-brewery is now doing home deliveries within a 10 mile radius. It's a little on the expensive side, but I'm tempted. :) Unfortunately, our favorite beer they make is not available for delivery or takeout. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I would buy that one by the keg if they offered it. It's a dark stout aged in bourbon barrels. Yummy.

I'm more of a wine drinker and we've been buying Bota Box Merlot for the last few months (before COVID). It's about the cheapest price per ounce wine that still tastes decent from the grocery store.

Thanks for the Bota Box recommendation! They have them at my grocery store. I will check it out. I'm getting 12 packs (bottles or cans same price) of Yuengling lager and Yuengling Black and Tan from the groc store for $10.95 each. I think that's a good deal compared to national prices for Yuengling. We have a Yuengling brewery nearby, here in Pa. I had been getting a case of Yuengling bottles from my beer distrib for $19.99 a case of 24. I hear you about the dark stout. I'm into dark heavy sweet and bitter balanced complexity, like Russian Imperial Stout.

Thanks for the Bota Box recommendation! They have them at my grocery store. I will check it out. I'm getting 12 packs (bottles or cans same price) of Yuengling lager and Yuengling Black and Tan from the groc store for $10.95 each. I think that's a good deal compared to national prices for Yuengling. We have a Yuengling brewery nearby, here in Pa. I had been getting a case of Yuengling bottles from my beer distrib for $19.99 a case of 24. I hear you about the dark stout. I'm into dark heavy sweet and bitter balanced complexity, like Russian Imperial Stout.

Back in the day (80's) a case of 16 oz returnables of Black & Tan went for under $8 where I lived about 10 miles from the brewery. The closer you got to NYC the pricer it became.

They changed their name :D

corona.png

I'm no beer snob, but at that quality level, Corona beer will not be missed. It's not like there aren't plenty of other beers that can be substituted for it. It's not like they make limes, so you can pretty much drop a lime in something like Coors and you'll be fine.

I don't drink much of anything, but I do like a good beer once in awhile. The micro brewery trend has been great. Plenty of new beers to try. Coors Light (not a high quality beer :) ) is for tailgating, but I don't see tailgating or NFL happening this year.

When we were making our way back from Atlanta a couple of weeks ago, we stopped to get some Yuengling beer which isn't available in our neck of the woods. We checked 3 gas stations to no avail and finally found *some* at a liquor store, which was CLEANED out of almost everything. I am not sure if it's any better, but there was not much to pick from a couple of weeks ago.

No great loss if Corona is not available. Now if Negra Modelo is unavailable, that would be a big issue.

No great loss if Corona is not available. Now if Negra Modelo is unavailable, that would be a big issue.

SAME MANUFACTURER!

Corona Extra
Victoria
Modelo Especial
Negra Modelo <---
Bud Light
Barrilito
Pacífico
Estrella
Michelob Ultra
Montejo
Budweiser
León
Tropical Light
Stella Artois
Corona Light
Corona Cero
Modelo Ambar
Pacífico Light

I'm sure the Corona brand will survive. I know too many people who it's their favorite beer. Not me - I prefer my beer to be darker than my coffee, but if I'm in a situation where my only choice is a light-colored beer, Corona is high on my list.

Another Corona drinker here. I'm a beer guy that enjoys both ends of the spectrum. My bar fridge is always stocked with a good assortment of local IPAs and Corona. It's my first go to cold beer after a day of yard work or when I don't want a drink a heavier IPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom