Costco hearing aids for asymmetrical loss?

folivier

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Had a hearing test today at our local Costco. Impressed with how comprehensive the test was. The audiologist wants me to see an ENT since I have assymetrical hearing loss, right ear is much worse than left ear.
I'll have that done asap then back to Costco for their recommended aids.
Has anyone experienced similar symptoms and which HA's did you buy?
They have behind the ear in Phillips, Jabra, and Rexton.
I also have tinnitus.

I have the Phillips 9040. I just yesterday returned a set of the Jabras which to "me" didn't sound as good and did not pass the DW "huh" test. I was still saying "HUH" too much. That being said everyone is differant so you may well do great with one of the others. Another resource for info on differant brands and folks results is Hearing tracker forum. Good luck to you as you do this journey into the world of not hearing as good as "normal" folks. If or when you do get a set keep in mind the first day will be a shock and you may well be ready to tear them off because you will hear so many sounds that you brain has not been hearing it can be over whelming. But as your brain adjusts it will be better.

I have assymetrical hearing loss. It’s pretty common really. I think mine is the result of years of driving trucks with no A/C. Driver’s window always down.
Anyway, I have the Jabra’s. I’ve had the about a year now. I’m pretty happy with them though the iPhone app seems a little buggy compared to my previous ReSound app.
For the cost, I’d say I’m happy with them.

Good luck!
Murf

ENT doc approved me for hearing aids, tested Rexton and Philips and preferred the Philips. Have them on order and hope to get them next week.
Also have a MRI scheduled on 1-15 to see if I have an acoustic neuroma.

I also have the Phillips 9040 hearing aids and love them. Been wearing hearing aids for 15 years. If it's you first time with hearing aids it takes some adjustments to get use to. As someone else said your brain has to adjust

The world is a noisy place. Again.
Picked up my Philips from Costco yesterday. It's nice to hear again.

Had the MRI yesterday and got the results today that everything is normal, no AN!
I can breathe a bit easier now. But the MRI was tough on me. I didn't think to ask them to turn the fan up and towards the end and got a bit of claustrophobia. Then got a contrast injection and had 10 more minutes in the chamber. A bit better since I knew it would be quicker.
Hearing aids are working well, go to Costco on Monday to have them cleaned and a bit of tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom