Covid-19 Antibody Study Looking for Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doribe

Recycles dryer sheets
The NIH is beginning a study on Covid-19 antibodies. This for adults that have not had a positive Covid-19 test. It is volunteer and you may not see the results for a while.

My son likely had Covid-19 and I think it will be good for him to know in case there are future ramifications from this virus. I'll also sign up just to help with the study. If you are interested the link is below.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...antify-undetected-cases-coronavirus-infection

I just sent them an email to apply as a mail in sample. As a former phlebotomist I would love to stick my hubby! Haha!

I just sent this to my family member in NYC who is an RN and was sick with the virus. None of her immediate family members were. They could easily have caught it and were asymptomatic. She has signed up through her hospital for antibody testing (for her) but to date, has not heard back.

On April 18th, I applied with a detailed email of my symptoms with applicable dates of onset and duration. Yesterday afternoon, I got an email from the University of Pittsburgh with a link to a few additional pre-screening questions. Basically it was just giving them my contact info, birth date, sex, race, etc. I got an automated email response as follows:

Thank you for completing the pre-screening for the SARS-COV2 Pandemic Serosurvey and Blood Sampling study. This message is to confirm that we have received your survey information.

We are still collecting responses, and we will be in touch in the very near future to let you know if you have been selected to continue participating in the study. Thank you for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom