Crash proof retirement??

bclover

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
anybody ever see these commercials? Just saw it the first time today. a guy name Phil some thing or another.

Don't recall that one in particular, but I usually skip through such ads on the DVR. Been there, done that with "sales" of financial products. YMMV

Easy. Take your 10k investment and invest 8k in a 10 year CD at 3% and invest the other 2k in a S&P500 index fund. You can be guaranteed not to lose and have the possibility of gaining from the stock market. Plus you'll be ahead by not paying an advisor for this BS.

Last edited:
He's been doing a lot of heavy advertising in the Philly area since beginning of August. You should go and report back. I need a good laugh.

Lol between him and then the Pope.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

from looking online, looks like insurance products, annuities etc.

crash proof until the insurer can't cover it.

Probably selling hybrid annuities or variable annuities with income riders. Run far and run fast!. I think there is an argument for SPIAs or a fixed deferred annuity for longevity insurance in some circumstances....but if you want to invest in the stock market insurance products are a very expensive way to so it.

It's just so hard to trust anyone in the investment world. They all have their hands in your back pocket--chances are. The only crash proof investments have little growth in the good times, too.

Just be thankful if have sufficient liquid assets where you don't have to cash in any stock related assets--until the market settles down.

He sounds like a snake oil salesman. Last year an infomercial came on tv with Scott Yancy pedaling "get rich flipping real estate". Of course, they never give any details about their products during the infomercial. They were having a free one day seminar locally. So for entertainment purposes only, I had to go and find out what they knew that nobody else knows.

They did not release any secrets during the free seminar. They were selling a 3 day $2000 seminar. I went online and found out that the 3 day seminar was selling the 10 day $40,000 seminar. The reviews on that seminar were pretty bad too. Bottom line, they were selling seminar's.

My guess is there is no secret sauce here either.

That's Dick Morris on the expert guest panel

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom