Critical of CFP Board

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Allan Roth is critical of CFP board actions and uses Jack Bogle to shame them.

That the CFP Board doesn’t even bother to sufficiently review public records while advertising to the public that certificants have been thoroughly vetted is inexcusable at best. That failure is harming the many CFP certificants who actually do practice with a higher standard. Even more importantly, it’s detrimental to the public relying on the organization’s disclosures.
Mr. Brod, I urge you to take some lessons from the late John C. Bogle who you worked with for so many years at The Vanguard Group. Mr. Bogle explained one characteristic of a profession as “a commitment to serve the interests of clients — responsibly, unselfishly, and wisely — and the welfare of society at large.” As you know, Mr. Bogle disdained advertising and stated “growth is an outcome, not a goal at Vanguard.”

Mr. Bogle revolutionized the fund industry rather than slowly allowing evolution. I do not accept the excuses from the organization that it will take time for financial planning to evolve to a profession. After 30 years, the organization continues to be exposed as using a lower standard. The revolution must start today!
https://www.financial-planning.com/opin ... d3ab3f673f

my guess is that there are "too many" CFPs?

the broker who sold me crappy, high-commission, roach-motel "investments" has dropped his broker-dealer's license

last I heard is now re-inventing himself as a RIA. :0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom