CT Resident - Compassion and Choices or Death with Dignity

ImThinkin2019

Recycles dryer sheets
After reading Scrapr's recent thread about his wife's experience, I decided to try and support the effort to get choice legalized in my state (CT).

Since Death with Dignity was mentioned in that thread, I signed up with them and immediately got asked for money and emailed by 4 different people welcoming me and suggesting how I could help.

As I did more investigation, I found that Compassion and Choices actually got a bill advanced here in CT. They also seem to be a bigger organization. So I wonder if I should work with them instead of DWD.

Does anyone know about both organizations?

It looks like Compassion & Choices has a main office in Portland as does DwD. I can't tell if they are related but it does not appear so. Maybe because Oregon was one of the first States to legalize it.

I think I would ask each one their stance on things important to you. It looks as if they both work across the nation. Compassion & Choices uses the words Medical Aid in Dying. I don't know if that is a distinction. Maybe check their 501(c)3 status through a Charity navigator?

Thank you Scrapr I will investigate further and report back what I find.

I was a little put off by the barrage of emails from 4 different senders once I signed up for DWD. Perhaps I should not be but I will see what happens when I sign up for Compassion and Choices.

I donated to Compassion & Choices because they were working on getting DwD passed in California where we live. Rest assured, they are no different than any other charity in that once you donate, they will continue to solicit more.

I didn’t realize there were two different organizations.

Back
Top Bottom