Dadgummit! Bobby's Retired

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
FSU coach Bowden coached his last game today at the Gator Bowl. At the post game newschat he said at age 80 he was looking forward to retirement, sorta. He made mention that he was "land poor" indicating that he owned a lot of land that no one wanted to buy today.

He also mentioned his 3 million dollar annual pay that would be going away. Said that only about $300K was paid by the school, the rest was from Nike, speaking engagements, TV show and radio show. Will move to his beach house in Panama City but will keep the place in Tallahassee.

No doubt he must have a pretty nice pension due him from FSU as he coached there for 58 years.

Also, I assume that he has been pulling down the SS max for about 10 years.

He can probably make it with a bit of PT w*rk and a well managed bank account.

He can probably make it with a bit of PT w*rk and a well managed bank account.

The hardest part is likely to be giving up being God. And going everywhere accompanied by state troopers.

Great way to stay young.

Ha

I thought Bobby retired from football so he could devote himself to his grill business full time.

Attachments

• Bobby Bowden grill.jpg
    Bobby Bowden grill.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
No doubt he must have a pretty nice pension due him from FSU as he coached there for 58 years.

Not that it matters--I am sure he has a gazillion dollars, but Coach Bowden did not coach at FSU his enitre career. He started his career at Samford, moved on to West Virginia University, and around 1975, he moved down south to Tallahassee.

Back
Top Bottom