Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it in 3 tries today for the first time. Got lucky with one of my semi standard guesses.

Wordle 222 2/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got it in 3 tries today for the first time. Got lucky with one of my semi standard guesses.

Wordle 222 2/6

⬜��⬜⬜⬜
����������

:)

This was a weird one for me. I normally take my time, methodically going through each possibility.

My first guess - ZERO HITS! Ahhhh! But that actually makes it easy/fast, as I have a second word made up of the common letters that are not in the first word. Usually, being in 'hard mode', I can't use that word because I need one letter that was 'hit'.

My 2nd guess gave me 4 greens! Only one word that I could see that matched, so I got it in three guesses, and in about a minute. I usually spend much more time than that, sometimes taking a little break and coming back.

So 3 today, so I'm 4,4,3,3,5,4,6,4,4,4,3 so far.

-ERD50

Last edited:
I had the last three green letters on my second guess.
STILL took till 5th to get the answer.

I'm not very good at this.
But it's still fun

It is fun. There is also a version called LEWDLE with naughty words. I saw a Facebook post that American Airlines did tapping into the Wordle craze too which I thought was a great engagement tactic. They gave the first guess - AISLE - The A was gray so not a letter. The I was green so a letter in the right spot and the SLE were yellow so correct letters but not in the right spot. Did you see this? See if you can figure it out. I got it quickly but thought it was very creative.

It is fun. There is also a version called LEWDLE with naughty words. I saw a Facebook post that American Airlines did tapping into the Wordle craze too which I thought was a great engagement tactic. They gave the first guess - AISLE - The A was gray so not a letter. The I was green so a letter in the right spot and the SLE were yellow so correct letters but not in the right spot. Did you see this? See if you can figure it out. I got it quickly but thought it was very creative.

Possible spoiler, white text, scroll down.

TILES would work.

:)
My first guess - ZERO HITS! Ahhhh! But that actually makes it easy/fast, as I have a second word made up of the common letters that are not in the first word. Usually, being in 'hard mode', I can't use that word because I need one letter that was 'hit'.

My 2nd guess gave me 4 greens! Only one word that I could see that matched, so I got it in three guesses, and in about a minute. I usually spend much more time than that, sometimes taking a little break and coming back.

Very similar experience:

Wordle 222 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 222 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lots of pressure today as others had guessed it in 3 in my office. So when my second guess didn't yield a better hint, I was nervous and took a "stab" at the word and ended up being right.

So far, 100% rating. 2-3s and 3-4s so far.

cd :O)

A littler better for me today:

Attachments

• wordle-20220127.jpg
    wordle-20220127.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 87
Interesting. It looks like quite a few of us had few/no hits on the first and maybe the second, but often got it in 3 or 4.

Makes the game fun I think, it looks like it's going badly, but then the eliminations kick in, and it goes pretty good after that. And the opposite can happen (many common words fit, and you just run out of rows).

I'm not much of a game player, and definitely not a sports fan, so I think I sometimes take a different look at things. I'll talk to my sports-nut son-in-law about the various rules and plays in sports, and sometimes I feel it leaves things too random, but then again, some randomness can make it exciting. Like a few feet on a fly ball is the difference between a grand-slam home run and walk-off win, and a fairly routine catch and third out.

-ERD50

Interesting. It looks like quite a few of us had few/no hits on the first and maybe the second, but often got it in 3 or 4.

Makes the game fun I think, it looks like it's going badly, but then the eliminations kick in, and it goes pretty good after that. And the opposite can happen (many common words fit, and you just run out of rows).

I'm not much of a game player, and definitely not a sports fan, so I think I sometimes take a different look at things. I'll talk to my sports-nut son-in-law about the various rules and plays in sports, and sometimes I feel it leaves things too random, but then again, some randomness can make it exciting. Like a few feet on a fly ball is the difference between a grand-slam home run and walk-off win, and a fairly routine catch and third out.

-ERD50

The game is a hit coz of the only one time a day word. Also it is somewhat challenging but in general more doable than not.
So folks get the satisfaction of solving a puzzle, but not where they feel it is too simple.

Question: Are you smarter than a 4th grader? :cool:

I didn't see a post from anyone who did this well:

Students get Wednesday's Wordle in just two tries

On Wednesday, a group of fourth-grade GT students in Mrs. Horan's classroom used "deduction, logic, spelling and reasoning to solve the Wordle.

It was the first time they had played the game.

Today was a 50-50 chance of getting it in 3. Ended-up 4.

I play easy mode, so I don't have the problem that I call "getting led down the garden path". This is the case where you have 4 letters that could be a whole lot of words (eight, fight, light, might, night, right, sight, tight, wight).

In this case, I would try to make a word out of the letters "e, f, l, m, n, r, s, t, w", so maybe I'd try "TERMS". And if still in a quandary, "FLOWN".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom