Online game I can play with my 81 year old DF?

rmcelwee

Recycles dryer sheets
Online card game I can play with my 81 year old DF?

My father lives 7 hours away and every 2 or 3 days I put him on speaker phone and we play Cribbage JD on the computer (pictured below). It is a fun game but I think Dad is wanting to try something else for variety. I've tried my best to find another head to head computer game like this (hearts, spades, rummy, etc) but have come up short. Anyone know of a similar game we can play?

I'm not really looking for shooting games, driving games or games we have to play with other online people or AI. Just me and dad relaxing, talking on the phone and enjoying an easy game (probably a card game).

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Chess.com if you know that game. Basic accounts are free and allow you play against a specific person if you know their username. Use the website or app.

We've never played before but are willing to learn. Is that a 2 player game, just us?

Bridge is a 4-person game, but via this website 2 can play against Robots, or 2 strangers. However, if you've never played before, there is a not-insignificant learning curve for even the basics.

I’ve played Words With Friends with 2 friends for many years. You don’t have to learn anything. It’s vocabulary. WWF’s has a built in messenger, so you can have an ongoing conversation.

Last edited:
Dad and I played Spades yesterday through the site below. It was a 4 person game (two of us and two computer partners). We also played Rummy 500 (just the two of us). The Rummy game had a timer on it so you had to take your turn quickly. Kind of ruined it for us a bit.

https://www.cardzmania.com/

I miss the old Yahoo Games. That was a great platform to play a bazillion different games with people all over the work. I never understood why that platform wasnt recreated by another web developer.

I don’t know about other games, but wanted to thank you. I’m learning how to play cribbage now. Found a decent app online and am getting it figured. Hoping it’s something me and DW can play live or online. Thanks!

I don’t know about other games, but wanted to thank you. I’m learning how to play cribbage now. Found a decent app online and am getting it figured. Hoping it’s something me and DW can play live or online. Thanks!

Our real cribbage board came from Children's Palace in OH. We drove from WV to pick it up in the 70's and dad and I have been playing on it for more than 45 years. Lots of good online and in person cribbage memories in my house.

FWIW, in our family we play Cribbage, Set Back and Dominos.

Back
Top Bottom