Dehumidifier Face-Off

I have the same Frigidaire and it nearly fills the 70 pint bucket in around 12 hours. I usually have it set to 60% so it reduces humidity to 60%. Yours must be broken.

I have the same Frigidaire and it nearly fills the 70 pint bucket in around 12 hours. I usually have it set to 60% so it reduces humidity to 60%. Yours must be broken.

I guess the bucket is only 13 pints so it fills around 12 pints every 12 hours or so. Either you don't have yours set right, don't have much humidity in your home, or it's broken.

Ummm... Yes, it's dead, Jim.

But someone technically inclined would ask "What failed? What is the failure mode here?"

Yes, but the first step in solving a problem is admitting you have a problem! :)

T-Al is still looking at efficiency measurements (like my analogy of monitoring mpg for a week on a car that can't go above 10 mph). He needs to look at the problem.

I'm with you on the analysis. Compressor is running,based on power draw, so that tells us something.

-ERD50

Start with cleaning the fins. A thin film of dust etc works as an insulator and depending on spacing also blocks airflow.

Next check the temperature to see if its actually cooling enough to condense moisture.

Yes, but the first step in solving a problem is admitting you have a problem! :)

T-Al is still looking at efficiency measurements (like my analogy of monitoring mpg for a week on a car that can't go above 10 mph). He needs to look at the problem.

I'm with you on the analysis. Compressor is running,based on power draw, so that tells us something.

-ERD50

Come to think of it, the unit is not quite dead, as it still draws plenty of juice.

But it is as good as dead. :D

T-Al, don't leave us hanging! Have you found the problem with the [-]power doorstop[/-] dehumidifier?

-ERD50

No. I agree it's broken. I will put it aside, and if the beast ever stops working, I'll either look into repairing the pretty Frigidaire or get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom