Dental Insurance

This year absolutely worth it. Will it be every year? I don’t know, but at least I get negotiated rates and can use the coverage in PA, FL and WA.
Here's hoping for better luck in future years.

I asked my dentist, who was past president of the CA Dental Society.I depends on how much work you need. He said if you only need one crown, the insurance will only pay half. You are left with the other half plus the cost on insurance.

Dental Insurance TIPS

Years ago my primary dentist of 40 years declared my mouth a disaster area. Since about 7 years ago I carry at least 2 policies. In 2016 I had 4 policies. 3 for $1000 max and 1 employer for $2000 max. I maxed all these out getting crowns, dentures that year then dropped 2 of them.

My advice: Unless you never have problems get at least one policy. They are usually only $30-$35/month for $1000 coverage or $50 for $1500. This will give you a provider discount and usually free cleanings, 80% fillings and 50% major.

If you have moderate problems get 2 policies with different insurance carriers. That way, one will pay 50% and the other will pay the rest (usually) and you may be hit with just a small amount (deductable).

Why? Crowns and root canals are $1,000 or more. Partial dentures can run up to $2,000 per upper or lower each. If you have 2 policies it will pay most. Only 1 and you're stuck with a $500 or more bill.
Implants are $2000/tooth also.

If you need major dental work done & have no insurance consider flying to costa rica or mexico where it is half price or less than here.

My dental policies have saved me a great deal of money over the years.

Back
Top Bottom