Dentist That Makes House Calls!

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So a few weeks ago I post about a DR making house calls for my elderly mother. I was absolutely shocked, in this day and age such a service exists except for the super rich. He takes insurance , and I use moms money for the remainder of the bill, no big deal.

Well God has been kind to my mother as she has all her own teeth, I brush them for her, once a day, not the 3 times a day she did before when she was running the show. I really want to get her teeth cleaned , it has been more than 6 months since I got her to the Dentist for the cleaning, it actually has been 10 months.

How they are going to do it I have no idea, but.....drum roll, I have a dentist coming to the house on Thursday to evaluate her, and then set up a date and time to clean her teeth at home while she sits on the couch! Not in my wildest dreams. The service said we dont accept that union insurance for the home visits and cleaning, I said "I didnt ask how much , I asked when can you come?" Must have been music to their ears, I said is cash ok? Yeah they will accept that:D. I will report on how this goes, if he whips out some rusty tools Ill show him the door, but I dont think that will be the case.

I felt the need to share this for member's that have loved ones that cant leave the house, but need dental services. Im still in shock about this

My aunt lived in an adult foster care home for 6-7 years. Due to her disability she couldn't be transported to doctor or dentist appointments. There is a local medical organization that specializes in making housecalls by either a doctor or nurse practioner.
She was able to have a dental hygienist come in and clean her teeth. Once she chipped a front tooth and was able to have a dentist visit and make the repair.
The only service we couldn't arrange with a home visit was an eye exam.
She also got a hearing test and hearing aids via a home visit from an audiologist although she never like the hearing aids.

Happy you are able to arrange home services for your Mom.

...I felt the need to share this for member's that have loved ones that cant leave the house, but need dental services. Im still in shock about this

Very interesting. Please keep us informed, for example what portable equipment they can bring to your home. Black & Decker hand drill? :D

Happy you are able to arrange home services for your Mom.

Thank you, Its things like this that make my whole day OK. I have been slowly getting upset about not being able to have he teeth looked after. I felt better as soon as I hung up from them.

Dentist came yesterday at 9:45 AM, we had a 9AM appointment, Moved Mom to the couch, he cleaned her teeth "as best as I could". She has all her own teeth at 92. Charged me $200 for the visit, asked me what I paid for moms cleaning at her regular dentist, I told him I think $75 dollars but her union would give us back about 12 dollars, he told me how about $250 all in.

Paid him(in cash), told him see you in 6 months, lets make an appointment now. He told me his office would call me in a few days with the follow up date.

Very happy with this

Wow, great info. I wish I had known about this for my Dad.

Very interesting. Please keep us informed, for example what portable equipment they can bring to your home. Black & Decker hand drill? :D

During the VN war my dad machined tiny tiny turbine blade units that fit into dental drill handsets. Tolerances were absurd; he preferred to employ and train people who had no experience as they weren't aware they were being tasked with something experienced machinists knew was "undoable". Military dentists could go out into the field with a suitcase that delivered dental tool power via compressed air tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom