Desktop files recovery

Unless you did a destructive format which writes zeros over all the data previously on each section of the drive, the data may still be there. Formatting usually just zeros out the pointers to where the data is on the drive.

Maybe new drives work differently, but a few years ago I recovered a lot of photos for a friend who accidentally formatted a drive. Some photos had already been written over, but IIRC, we recovered well over half the photos.

This video gives you the basics, and also tries to sell you software that you will need to recover files.

Thanks. I'll dive into this a little bit later.

My go-to file recovery software is R-Studio.

https://www.r-studio.com/

It will recover hard drive files even if the drive has been formatted. However, they do mention that you should not make any changes, like add files, to the drive since once overwritten the old data is lost.

I, also, found DiskDrill to only recover a fraction of the files.

R-Studio is a little technical but should be okay with even a bit of computer knowledge.

My go-to file recovery software is R-Studio.

https://www.r-studio.com/

It will recover hard drive files even if the drive has been formatted. However, they do mention that you should not make any changes, like add files, to the drive since once overwritten the old data is lost.

I, also, found DiskDrill to only recover a fraction of the files.

R-Studio is a little technical but should be okay with even a bit of computer knowledge.
So you found that R studio worked after running diskdrill?
I am pretty sure I cooked my goose by not immediately removing the hard drive from the affected computer and also installed a fresh copy of windows 10 to get it running.

So you found that R studio worked after running diskdrill?
I am pretty sure I cooked my goose by not immediately removing the hard drive from the affected computer and also installed a fresh copy of windows 10 to get it running.

Yes and probably. However, other than the cost of admission what do you have to lose now?

Well that's not encouraging.:)
Unfortunately it's true. But I hope you can find a solution. There are many, many utilities that are advertising they can do miraculous recovery. Their operators are standing by.

Be sure to read any claims before purchasing. Unfortunately we live in a time when the top search results are deceitful.

Back
Top Bottom