Do Work Nightmares Ever End?

I worked in a couple of massive automobile assembly plants.
I still dream I have been sent to get something in another area. I always get lost and can never find my way out.
Dr. Frued? What say you.

Heh, heh, not even a nightmare, but a reality: Once or twice a year someone in a production area would send a "greenie" to our lab, asking for a "nitrogen blanket." Invariably, they would be sent back - across several acres of plant - to ask either what size or what color. This could go on for hours. All seemed childish at the time, but it certainly distinguished the hourly folks from the "professionals" I suppose. Folks had to have their fun. All the new fangled computers meant water fights were no longer acceptable.

The real issue for me was that I'd graduated from a decent university and found myself working in a production plant. My lab was hacked out of an old warehouse-upstairs that had been a locker room. BUT, and here is why I chose to w*rk there, it had NEW state of the art lab equipment and it was promised we would become a major laboratory within Megacorp - with our own lab building someday. It took a while, but it all came true before I FIRED. I called all this "paying my dues." Dreaming of this stuff was optional.:facepalm::cool:

I've only pretty much had memories of late night projects where I did not go home home. I would just sleep on the floor in my office and wake up the next morning, shower at the company gym and get back into the grind. My brother in Wall Street pre covid used to have business meetings on the West Coast, fly back on the redeye to the East Coast then go straight into the office that morning after taking a cab from the airport to work.

I've only pretty much had memories of late night projects where I did not go home home. I would just sleep on the floor in my office and wake up the next morning, shower at the company gym and get back into the grind. My brother in Wall Street pre covid used to have business meetings on the West Coast, fly back on the redeye to the East Coast then go straight into the office that morning after taking a cab from the airport to work.

Now THAT's a waking nightmare! YMMV

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom