Do you have a classic car? Tell us about it.

I currently have a 73 911 that is basically stock, I still have some things to do to finish. I am in the process of working on a hot rod 71 911. The 71 will have a 84 euro motor and transmission. The rest of the car will be stripped down, nothing but the basics.

Attachments

• 73 007.jpg
    73 007.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 2
Here are a couple of before pics.

Attachments

• DSCN0565.JPG
    DSCN0565.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0865.JPG
    DSCN0865.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
And here is the engine pic. I have had a few corvettes in the past, a 66 and a 86. Sure wish I had kept the 66. I wouldn't mind having one of the newer vettes either.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 3
It's not a classic, but the wifes daily driver is a fun car also.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 5
Here is my 1972 911s targa.

Attachments

• DSCN0515.JPG
    DSCN0515.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN0517.JPG
    DSCN0517.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1
Here is the current condition of my 1971 911 and engine. When I'm not golfing I like to tinker on cars. Ive got plenty to do all day.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1
What else is done to the motor? How much HP? Ever been to the track?

Nothing radical done to motor. It still has the cast heads. I run an Edelbrock Air Gap intake with an Edelbrock 750cfm carb. I wanted it streetable and able to run on pump gas. I think the compression is around 9.5-1. I think she'd breathe fire if I stuck some of those AFR heads like you are running.

We did some SWG of HP at the crank... I think around 450.

Never been to the track. I'm afraid if I ever get traction, I'll smoke the tranny or rearend.

I currently have a 73 911 that is basically stock, I still have some things to do to finish. I am in the process of working on a hot rod 71 911. The 71 will have a 84 euro motor and transmission. The rest of the car will be stripped down, nothing but the basics.

Hey dm, how tall are you? I'd give my right.......er..... arm to have a 911, but I'm 6'5" and don't think I would fit into one of those little pocket rockets. :( But I guess that saves me the cash, though....

A dude here at work has a black 911 (Carrera, if memory serves me). Seeing that thing makes my heart go pitter-patter.

Hey dm, how tall are you? I'd give my right.......er..... arm to have a 911, but I'm 6'5" and don't think I would fit into one of those little pocket rockets. :( But I guess that saves me the cash, though....

A dude here at work has a black 911 (Carrera, if memory serves me). Seeing that thing makes my heart go pitter-patter.

I'm 6' and I have plenty of room. I'm waiting for some new seats at this time. I know some that have modified the seat mounts to lower them. Leg room is no problem because no one is getting into the back seat area anyway. Mine do not have a sunroof though and that can cost a couple of inches in headroom.

Back
Top Bottom