Does Anyone Use Safeway Fresh Pass for Delivery?

Another Reader

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Safeway here is offering unlimited free delivery for orders over $30 for an annual fee of $99 or $12.99 a month. They include perks such as a $5.00 monthly credit for a year, a free Starbucks drink every month, 5 percent off on a couple of their brands, and your rewards points don't expire.

Not sure I want them picking out my produce, but there are times when this would be useful. Has anyone used this service?

Nope, but I've used the Walmart grocery pickup, where they shop for me and put it in my car.
I also thought I'd not like the idea of strangers fondling my tomatoes, but I've found they do a good job. ;)
You could try it for a month and see if you like it.

Nope, but I've used the Walmart grocery pickup, where they shop for me and put it in my car.
I also thought I'd not like the idea of strangers fondling my tomatoes, but I've found they do a good job. ;)
You could try it for a month and see if you like it.

Walmart meat and produce here are of poor quality. I have used their pick up service many times, and they are always out of stock of one or more essentials. They do have drive up at the closer neighborhood market now, but the quality and stocking are a problem.

Their delivery to my neighborhood sources from a store in an area where it is not safe to park, with a large homeless population living on the periphery. The store is filthy and poorly stocked.

Some days I am not up to driving, and I'm looking for an alternative for delivery.

Walmart meat and produce here are of poor quality. I have used their pick up service many times, and they are always out of stock of one or more essentials. They do have drive up at the closer neighborhood market now, but the quality and stocking are a problem.

Their delivery to my neighborhood sources from a store in an area where it is not safe to park, with a large homeless population living on the periphery. The store is filthy and poorly stocked.

Some days I am not up to driving, and I'm looking for an alternative for delivery.

I think the food shopping and delivery quality vary a lot, as it's so localized.

Probably best to try the Safeway for a month, and see how it is for your location. That's what I meant earlier. My expression of Walmart was just about having someone else pick my food.

Back
Top Bottom