Does it make sense to delay the younger, lower wage earning spouse Social Security?

Does it still make that much difference to do that?
Play around with the numbers, and determine how much difference it will make.

Only you can decide what "that much difference" means.

If money is really that tight, delaying until 70 might make even more sense. And I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but it might make sense for you to keep working a while.

Play around with the numbers, and determine how much difference it will make.

Only you can decide what "that much difference" means.

If money is really that tight, delaying until 70 might make even more sense. And I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but it might make sense for you to keep working a while.

That is what I was just thinking, maybe combo his suspending and my delaying as long as possible. The other thing is if we sell out and get moved, we could get settled into our "farm" life. He has time to do what he wants and I have the option of working if I am not filing for SS just yet. He currently spends 3 months out of the year at the place we are going to move to and we are both getting a bit anxious. Jobs are scarce in this tiny town though and the nearest small town with limited employment opportunities would be 35 miles out or am looking at 55-70 miles to next city. Really planned on Walmart or something similar. The budget I have devised, is also padded roughly 15% and includes spending money and "some" unexpected expenses, but would improve when I hit Medicare too so it would only be the first couple of years until things start improving. We could do it.

Last edited:
There is a lot to be said about enjoying "where" we are and I think that weighs heavily on picking this household up and getting moved outa here. I am not really to concerned about having to work part time. The trade off for the different lifestyle is worth it.

At least the speed limit is 80 mph there!! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom