Dryuary

We're doing it to offset the "eating season" which runs Thanksgiving thru NYD, including our anniversary. No bread, no sweets, no alcohol, no starchy vegetables. Just to drop that (harumph) pounds I gained in the last 5 weeks. Then back to balance and moderation until next Thanksgiving. I've tried to break the cycle around the holidays, but to no avail. New Years resolutions are my antidote.

I usually give up self-denial for Lent.

I like my wine and my scotch, but don’t overdo it. There are many things I can’t eat because of dietary issues, so I’m keeping my alcoholic pleasures. I do have to think about what to give up for Lent, since it’s just around the corner.

I quit drinking 6 months ago and immediately started losing weight. A couple of months later I started paying attention to what I was eating and am now down 30 lbs. My best friend and her husband quit also and had similar results. Even one drink makes me tired and would screw up my sleep. Annie Grace wrote a few books on the topic and recommends The Alcohol Experiment where you quit for a month to experience it. I think it’s good to take a break. Mine is permanent.

Back
Top Bottom