E-TRADE *Mistake*?? (GE stock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichealKnight

Full time employment: Posting here.
Well I'm mildly alarmed and hoping this will be resolved somewhat automatically.

I've had some GE shares for under a year. So get this:

it shows I own 162 shares, at a COST BASIS of....$96.92

Currently the shares are $12.95....so it's showing me with a loss of $13,603.

It was not like this on Friday night for sure.

Weird I Google GE stock and some weird "BDR" quote comes up. Then on Yahoo, it's totally normal

GE hasn't been at 96 probably since I was watching late-night cable TV as a teenager and trying to make sense of those squiggly lines.

Anyone ever see this?

Ok, Barrons story

https://www.barrons.com/articles/ge-stock-price-51627766341

"How GE Boosted Its Share Price by 700%"

"GE stock (ticker: GE) will open for trading Monday at about $104 a share, after closing Friday at $12.95. The company completed its 1-for-8 reverse stock split Friday evening."

Ok, so the cost-basis is all jacked up high, but the "Lat Price" field is still showing $12.95. So hopefully tomorrow morning that means the "current value" will be $104.00.

Weird - I do more than a cursory search on Barron's most days. I watch CNBC quite a bit....and I'm ashamed I didn't know about this.

You ended Friday with 162 shares @ $12.95 worth $2,097.90 and beginning Monday will own 20.25 shares @ $103.60 worth $2,097.90 (assuming no change from Friday closing price to Monday opening price).

Your cost basis and your unrealized loss are unchanged.

Multiple threads on the same topic. To avoid confusion let’s close this and continue with the other, linked by MissMolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom