Early Retirement Primary

If you lived in New Hampshire who would you vote for?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • John Edwards

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • John McCain

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Fred Thompson

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting. At least on this forum, the "early returns" are evenly split between the two parties ... 44 for a republican and 41 for a democrat.

Looks like the Obamarama continues on the D side here inside the ER forums.

And the R side is as topsy-turvey as it is outside the forums.

I this the year of the sea-change in American politics?

Interesting it is split about 48% dems to 52% repub. I guess this board mirrors the nation. Another poll would be 'Are you going to vote!'

Another poll would be 'Are you going to vote!'

Absolutely! I haven't missed a voting opportunity since I turned 18. If I don't vote, I can't gripe. With local, state, and national elections, I get renewed griping-rights almost every year! :rant:

:D

With local, state, and national elections, I get renewed griping-rights almost every year!

In our most recent city election my mayoral candidate won by 5 votes and was sworn in. The losing candidate demanded a manual recount which put him up by three. Out with the (7 days) old mayor, and in with the new.

But wait a minute! Seems that after the manual recount a couple of the first winner's ballots were found in the trash can.

What's next?

You guessed it - a lawsuit. Filed today by the first winner to demand either reinstatement of the first result or a run-off, the recount being impossibly flawed.

Side events -- the current (new) mayor tells us that god has spoken to him about a plan for the town, while the old mayor and recent lawsuit filer was arrested just prior to the holidays for public drunkeness.

Who needs a national primary with drama like this right in one's home town?

(That said, I'm backing the girl.)

In our most recent city election my mayoral candidate won by 5 votes and was sworn in. The losing candidate demanded a manual recount which put him up by three. Out with the (7 days) old mayor, and in with the new.

But wait a minute! Seems that after the manual recount a couple of the first winner's ballots were found in the trash can.

What's next?

You guessed it - a lawsuit. Filed today by the first winner to demand either reinstatement of the first result or a run-off, the recount being impossibly flawed.

Side events -- the current (new) mayor tells us that god has spoken to him about a plan for the town, while the old mayor and recent lawsuit filer was arrested just prior to the holidays for public drunkeness.

Who needs a national primary with drama like this right in one's home town?

(That said, I'm backing the girl.)

Dang! That sound like my town!!! I'm glad I live in colorful small-town America.....never a dull moment! :2funny:

Well Chuck Norris supports the Huckster.

Little known fact

There is no chin behind Chuck's beard. Just another fist.

Oh how the heck did I miss a chuck norris reference for a whole day?!?

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

We dont live in a democracy, america is a Chucktatorship.

Back
Top Bottom