Electrical Question about bulge in Capacitor

The cap may be working as it should, but the fan motor still does not come on.
Ergo, the old cap was almost certainly good. I probably would have replaced it too, since they are cheap, but I wouldn't have held much hope for a cure.

The "1" is the DVM saying that the resistance is greater than the range you selected. ...

Ahhh, the "1" was throwing me off, especially w/o seeing it was a leftmost, single-digit "1".

I think most/all of the digital meters I've used show an "OL" or "0L" (I think "Over Load", but can also be read as "Open Loop", or "Over Limit").

Or, I've seen the "1", and understood it in context, and never really thought about it.

-ERD50

Ahhh, the "1" was throwing me off, especially w/o seeing it was a leftmost, single-digit "1".

I think most/all of the digital meters I've used show an "OL" or "0L" (I think "Over Load", but can also be read as "Open Loop", or "Over Limit").

Or, I've seen the "1", and understood it in context, and never really thought about it.

-ERD50

Yeah, I agree. IIRC, decent meters (Fluke, etc.) say "OL," which I think means "open line." But many cheapies that I have encountered show that funny "1." And I agree that, in context, you may not have thought twice about it.

Back
Top Bottom