Electrical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Star Review By Lila
If you need a financial advisor, this is the place to go. They get to know what your goals are and help determine the best way for you to get there.

This is cut and pasted from google. It must be an upstanding ethical company.

Completely off topic. Be better. This adds nothing.

Last edited:
The shade tree electricians on here took a guess on my problem. They were all WRONG. Now they can’t believe they were wrong and talking stupid. Give it up boys. You’re just making yourself look silly. The problem is solved and not in anyway close to the suggestions on this thread. Such responses after the fact. Ouch. You should all be embarrassed. A new low for ER. My gosh. I appreciate the effort though.Happy Holidays.

"Nice" way to address the people who tried to help you. I can assure you, my business cards from Mega-Corp had titles far, far above "shade tree electrician", and "boy".

But instead, you divert from the topic - does a typical GFI include an overload circuit breaker, or is it used to detect an imbalance from Hot to Neutral? You don't appear to want to address that, fine. But I think anyone interested in reading this thread can decide for themselves who looks like what.

-ERD50

The shade tree electricians on here took a guess on my problem. They were all WRONG. Now they can’t believe they were wrong and talking stupid. Give it up boys. You’re just making yourself look silly. The problem is solved and not in anyway close to the suggestions on this thread. Such responses after the fact. Ouch. You should all be embarrassed. A new low for ER. My gosh. I appreciate the effort though.Happy Holidays.

I am a class A journeyman and a class A master electrician. I also owned and operated an electrical contracting business for 25 years before selling and retiring early. I still have an electrical contractors license. I have literally done thousands of service calls just like yours. Like I said earlier I am glad your problem is maybe fixed. The issue has been thoroughly discussed, your problem and repair made no sense. Myself and other posters continually explained how a GFCI actually worked yet you came back with a quote from google contradicting the facts that we stated. Like the other posters with knowledge on the topic I was just trying to help.

Get to work on restoring that granite.

After discussions with my county electrical inspector a couple of years ago, I was told I would be exceeding the 5 milliamp limit on GFCIs. He told me I would need GFPE interupters for my heat cables. According to the article below, NEC section 426-28 talks about requirements for fixed snow and ice melting equipment.

.... GFPE breakers are pricey and go in the service panel.

https://www.ecmag.com/magazine/arti...ndards-differences-between-gfci-idci-and-gfpe

That makes a lot of sense - who wants to go on the roof to reset a GFI? Better to be able to do that from the panel.

Good source document as well, thanks.

-ERD50

I am a class A journeyman and a class A master electrician. I also owned and operated an electrical contracting business for 25 years before selling and retiring early. I still have an electrical contractors license. I have literally done thousands of service calls just like yours. Like I said earlier I am glad your problem is maybe fixed. The issue has been thoroughly discussed, your problem and repair made no sense. Myself and other posters continually explained how a GFCI actually worked yet you came back with a quote from google contradicting the facts that we stated. Like the other posters with knowledge on the topic I was just trying to help.

Get to work on restoring that granite.
No you turned the thread into a farce with your off topic response. Own it.

Last edited:
"Nice" way to address the people who tried to help you. I can assure you, my business cards from Mega-Corp had titles far, far above "shade tree electrician", and "boy".

But instead, you divert from the topic - does a typical GFI include an overload circuit breaker, or is it used to detect an imbalance from Hot to Neutral? You don't appear to want to address that, fine. But I think anyone interested in reading this thread can decide for themselves who looks like what.

-ERD50
You can’t be wrong. Can you. You all were wrong and now you can’t accept that. Your usual passive aggressive response falls on deaf ears.

Last edited:
Completely off topic. Be better. This adds nothing.

You googled and checked out the info you were given. Anyone who spends anytime on this board knows how much EJ is frowned upon here. I knew if I googled it that there would be positive things said about them. The point I was trying to make along with a little humor is that you can dig up anything you want on google. Wow!

You googled and checked out the info you were given. Anyone who spends anytime on this board knows how much EJ is frowned upon here. I knew if I googled it that there would be positive things said about them. The point I was trying to make along with a little humor is that you can dig up anything you want on google. Wow!

Step back and see what’s happening here. Swallow hard and see what you are doing in this thread. Completely off topic and incendiary.

Thanks for the interesting conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom