ER from ML Baseball

He also batted a miserable .207 in 2015 for the SOX.

Gotta admire him sticking to his principles. A deal is a deal no matter how odd.

Yet, at his age as a baseball player, maybe just R instead of ER :).

I have read a few articles about this guy. Sounds like I guy I would totally get along with. Sounds like some of my friends. The part That I don't get is the making a big deal out of the kid situation. The GM said dial it back. What, like the rest of us don't like our kids? Give me a break. He says he isn't special but then asks for special treatment and then follows that up as an excuse to retire. Just doesn't seem to fit his character. If you are going to retire, then retire. Why do you need to blame the organization?

My neighbor also retired from MLB a few weeks ago.

The bad news, it wasn't his decision. :(

But the good news is that he has always lived a LBYM lifestyle so he's in fine shape.

But the good news is that he has always lived a LBYM lifestyle so he's in fine shape.
If it wasn't his decision, isn't that firing/release vs. retire?

I was being charitable. Should have put quotes around the word. He had been talking about retirement for a while anyway.

I agree.... the kid was just an excuse...

How many people who work can bring their kid to work every day:confused: I know where I worked they would be told to leave the kid at home or day care...

I do not give him any brownie points for what he did.... just stupid IMO...

Now, if he did not want to play anyhow, then say so...

This is good to hear. Most of the time, you hear about how these guys are terrible at money management. As an aside, a former manager of the ATL Braves is a neighbor of ours and I have had a couple of beers with him. He is also quite the LBYM guy.

As he made $70+MM over the course of his career, it does not take a whole lot to LBYM. LOL

But has FlyBoy5 pointed out, alot of these guys are terrible money managers. It is so common to read of a former pro athlete (from any sport) who made umpteen million of the course of his career and has nothing to show for it. I suppose Mike Tyson is Exhibit A of this.

As he made $70+MM over the course of his career, it does not take a whole lot to LBYM. LOL

But has FlyBoy5 pointed out, alot of these guys are terrible money managers. It is so common to read of a former pro athlete (from any sport) who made umpteen million of the course of his career and has nothing to show for it. I suppose Mike Tyson is Exhibit A of this.

I will give you one worse... J.R. Richard... a great pitcher who lost his career due to a blood clot...

A few years later he was living under a bridge!! :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._Richard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom