Every 12 Months.......a Medicare Question

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
" you can get a yearly “Wellness” visit once every 12 months "

1) You had one last yr on 10/31. If you get one this yr on 10/1, is it covered?

2) You had one last yr on 10/1. If you get one on this yr on 9/30, is it covered?

Extra points for a citation demonstrating examples that work and that don't...
You are settling a domestic dispute.

" you can get a yearly “Wellness” visit once every 12 months "

11 full calendar months must pass after the month in which a beneficiary had received an annual wellness visit.

1) You had one last yr on 10/31. If you get one this yr on 10/1, is it covered?
Yes.

2) You had one last yr on 10/1. If you get one on this yr on 9/30, is it covered?
No

Extra points for a citation demonstrating examples that work and that don't...
You are settling a domestic dispute.

https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Ed...N/MLNProducts/downloads/IPPE_AWVQuestions.pdf

What do I win?

Who won the argument?

11 full calendar months must pass after the month in which a beneficiary had received an annual wellness visit.

Yes.

No

https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Ed...N/MLNProducts/downloads/IPPE_AWVQuestions.pdf

What do I win?

Who won the argument?

Thanks, joeea...........you are being elevated to the position of Medicare Guru.
Looks like a nice cite......but when I click on it my Mac says I'm not allowed to access it. If I copy and paste that link, then I get a google search but it doesn't appear to show that particular link.

I like those answers cuz they agree w/ my bias......yes the key seems to be those 11 FULL months......otherwise it's subject to interpretation. If your answers are right, the loser is not going to readily admit it and the subject can't be brought up w/o risking a conflagration. It is a question (like most) where you have to know the answer before you ask it otherwise you are likely to be led astray by medical folks and even Medicare folks.

Looks like a nice cite......but when I click on it my Mac says I'm not allowed to access it. If I copy and paste that link, then I get a google search but it doesn't appear to show that particular link.

It's a PDF doc. I saved it for you and have attached it here. May be a problem with your browser config or their server may be sending incorrect headers that your browser doesn't know how to interpret. Chrome on Windows had no problem.

Attachments

• IPPE_AWVQuestions.pdf
    133.9 KB · Views: 35
It's a PDF doc. I saved it for you and have attached it here. May be a problem with your browser config or their server may be sending incorrect headers that your browser doesn't know how to interpret. Chrome on Windows had no problem.

Thanks so much cathy............of course it had to be the last question:)

Thank you for posting these questions.

My initial Medicare appointment (welcome to Medicare) and subsequent annual wellness visits have taken place in June but my doctor's office keeps pushing them later into the month to make sure they're covered. From the information here it appears that any day in June should work just fine because the months of July-May (11 calendar months) have passed. Am I understanding correctly?

I would like to know that my appointment is in June since this month fits my schedule well. The way they're doing it my visits will eventually be pushed into later months as the years pass.

Back
Top Bottom