Examples of current inflation - add yours!

Topped $100 filling up my tank today. $6.75 for premium at a new to me station. I usually go to Costco and rarely put gas in the tank, so I don’t know if that was unusually expensive or that’s just the new normal here.

A standard adult haircut at a run of the mill place like Great Clips runs about $20.

I took the following photo in our 2018 RV trip to Alaska. I wonder what the prices there are now.

10965-albums220-picture1692.png

Out of curiosity, I looked on the Web for some info on current food prices in Valdez. Have not found out about grocery items, but here's what people said about restaurant prices.

7/21: "$50 for a halibut sandwich, fries included, and one beer. "

5/22: "We ended up ordering two of the seafood platters and $80/each platter for four people total."

I figured I was getting a good deal on my electricity bill. $20 bucks and change last month. I don't use AC or heat.

My electric bill should be that low - except the rate is so high it's closer to $70 or $80. I think we use about 5KWh/day. With our ridiculous rates and add ons, it adds up quickly. No AC/heat and no electric hot water (included in HOA dues.)

Sames club 96 count eggs. Pre pandemic they were around $12-$15 on any given day. Now, they're around $28.

I love it though. I hope prices continue to surge. This is what a lot of people wanted.

Out of curiosity, I looked on the Web for some info on current food prices in Valdez. Have not found out about grocery items, but here's what people said about restaurant prices.

7/21: "$50 for a halibut sandwich, fries included, and one beer. "

5/22: "We ended up ordering two of the seafood platters and $80/each platter for four people total."

One might think halibut would be cheap since they catch it right there.

Sames club 96 count eggs. Pre pandemic they were around $12-$15 on any given day. Now, they're around $28.

I love it though. I hope prices continue to surge. This is what a lot of people wanted.

I know the usual suspects who want oil prices to rise, but who are we talking about wanting eggs (and other consumer prices) to double in price?

So people are enjoying inflation and cheering for it while bank accounts are 1% or less?

The universe must have split into a mirror version and somehow I got transferred to the wrong universe.

So people are enjoying inflation and cheering for it while bank accounts are 1% or less?

The universe must have split into a mirror version and somehow I got transferred to the wrong universe.

2 year treasuries are 3.41%, so there's that.

^^^^^^^^

This is a tough time to be living through. Let us hope it's relatively short lived. I'm not sure I have a decade to wait for its resolution. YMMV

The last time that I went to the grocery store each little white plastic bag of groceries averaged $50 and I didn't think that I'd bought anything special. $250 total for one trip.

My girlfriend went to Petco with her two cats to get food and treats. $278 for the visit. I hope that it lasts that rest of the month at least.

Prices are finally beginning to rise at our favorite restaurant. Just by $1-$2, so far, and only for some of the meals, but it's started. :(

Went to a Korean BBQ restaurant in the Heartland today. It cost $100 w/tax tip for 4. That's twice what I was paying back home in Kaneohe. Not sure that's all inflation but it was more than I was expecting to pay. YMMV

I don't watch prices in the store at all but the DW does. Yesterday, she was complaining about the prices of Hostess Cupcakes (we have loved those things for decades) I was complaining about the size. I guess it's true that everything shrinks with age.:blush:

I don't watch prices in the store at all but the DW does. Yesterday, she was complaining about the prices of Hostess Cupcakes (we have loved those things for decades) I was complaining about the size. I guess it's true that everything shrinks with age.:blush:

Except, maybe my belly. Too many Hostess Cupcakes, I guess. YMMV

Was at Walmart looking for the 'normal' size deodorant. I never found any. I didn't want to ask an employee. All I found were 'travel' size deodorants. Very small containers. 2 ounces each. What I ended up buying was a 1.5 ounce roll-on deodorant from the dollar store for $1.25. And that was the biggest size they had.

Our dollar store (Not Dollar General) where everything really is a dollar has a gallon of bleach for a dollar. They have many other items, food items as well.

Dominos $7.99 carryout deal is still in place :). Interestingly, their $5.99 deals are now "$5.99 carryout/$6.99 delivery". They give you a "break" for using your own gas :D.

In our area junk/fast food does not seem to have changed much in price. Not that I am going to eat more of it...:angel::)

Back
Top Bottom