Facebook Question - Protect The Wall

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have a brother who doesn't grasp the idea of the difference between a Facebook wall post, reply to comment or a Messenger message.

Bugs me that he's just post what should be a comment or message to my wall.

I know I can restrict who can post to my wall by setting to only me instead of friends. But if I do that, then can friends still make comments to posts? Or are they blocked out totally from writing anything? Thx.

I quit Facebook in November. Too much garbage politics and hateful postings from people who have no clue. I'm done with it.

I quit Facebook in November. Too much garbage politics and hateful postings from people who have no clue. I'm done with it.

Wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for :(. But I kind of envy you for quitting.

Family and friends can still message me in Messenger.

I have a brother who doesn't grasp the idea of the difference between a Facebook wall post, reply to comment or a Messenger message.

Bugs me that he's just post what should be a comment or message to my wall.

I know I can restrict who can post to my wall by setting to only me instead of friends. But if I do that, then can friends still make comments to posts? Or are they blocked out totally from writing anything? Thx.

Yes, friends can still make comments to posts. We don't allow anyone else to create posts on our home page, but comments are welcome from friends.

You can block individuals from contacting you but they can still see all your posts. You can also block someone only in Messenger which I have done to one person who broadcasts stupid animated messages through Messenger. He doesn't post such messages on Facebook so I haven't "unfollowed" him there (ie hidden his feed) as he does post infrequently and it is about personal stuff I'm interested in as we grew up and played together in the same streets as kids.

You can also "unfriend" someone and they don't get any notification and only know if they look at their list of friends and see you missing from the list.

Yes, friends can still make comments to posts. We don't allow anyone else to create posts on our home page, but comments are welcome from friends.

Thanks. That's exactly the answer I was hoping for. My FB now set to only allow comments. I don't even have my b-day public so won't miss any of those wishes on the wall.

Heck, I quit Facebook years ago... maybe 2008 or 9.... have not missed anything IMO...

I have gotten a few strange looks by some much younger people when they learn of this... but, not enough to want to change...

BTW, I stopped long before they changed to the timeline or wall or whatever else there is out there....

Heck, I quit Facebook years ago... maybe 2008 or 9.... have not missed anything IMO...

I have gotten a few strange looks by some much younger people when they learn of this... but, not enough to want to change...

BTW, I stopped long before they changed to the timeline or wall or whatever else there is out there....

+1
"Quitter" here, too. As soon as the involuntary ads started coming up .......

Back
Top Bottom