Fender Bender - What Would You Do?

Fortunately there is no way he got any of my info. I don't have a plate on the front of my car (it's legal in PA) and I pulled up behind him. On top of that he was in such a hurry to get away he never walked near my car. Thankfully!
Sounds like the other driver might not want to deal with the authorities.....

Sounds like the other driver might not want to deal with the authorities.....

Yep many reasons for not wanting to talk with LE. Many not particularly 'mainstream'. Don't think you'll ever hear from them.

Great advice on insurance, and repair options.

Best wishes,
MRG

When I was in college I learned a valuable lesson. Someone tapped me from behind on my way to work one morning. We both stopped and my car had no visible damage so we didn't exchange information and the other party drove away. Then my car would not start. It turned out that the tap had messed up the carburetor float and it cost me a few hundred dollars but I had no recourse to the party that hit me since I didn;t have their information. Slightly different from the OPs situation, but nonetheless a valuable lesson for me.

Ok quick update.... I have an appointment to get an an estimate at the local body shop. Unfortunately with the horrible winter we have had the soonest I could get in is this coming Friday. I am holding off on calling my insurance company until I get an estimate and fully understand the damage (just cosmetic vs. engine compartment damage) so that they don't file it as a claim just because I called. The estimate will dictate wether I do it myself, have it fixed by the garage or file a claim.

Great advice and insights.......

Most of us carry a convenient camera in the form of a cellphone. Probably worth snapping a couple of pics, even if both drivers agree to no harm, no foul. Worth a thousand words...

Back
Top Bottom