Fighting Phone Scams, Telemarketers, Robocalls, etc...

I bought one of these;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U1PPWDO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a great way to screen calls. Once you identify a number as a call you don't want, it can never call you again.

There's a newer version that I would like to get, but this one works so well, I'll just stick with it.

https://www.amazon.com/SENTRY-blocker-blocking-solicitor-election/dp/B019ERMS90/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I already have a Sentry too, but eyes perked up when seeing the link for the Sentry 3. Having the name on the caller ID may be worth an upgrade alone.

I'll definitely have to look closer :D.

+1
For Android phones, Legal Call Blocker is the best app I've found for blocking unwanted calls--works almost 100% and it's free! I used to use Mr. Number until it merged with something else and became totally useless (as in permitted blocked calls to leave messages).

I'm still using Mr. Number and have not seen any change in operation. :confused:

+1
For Android phones, Legal Call Blocker is the best app I've found for blocking unwanted calls--works almost 100% and it's free! I used to use Mr. Number until it merged with something else and became totally useless (as in permitted blocked calls to leave messages).

For Android, I'm quite happy with "Call Blocker No Spam". Will set you back about $1 :LOL:, but about the only blocker I've found that successfully hangs up instead of having spam calls go to voicemail.

The iPhone has a work around. Put the offending number in your contacts and then block it. DW does not like complexity so i do it for her.

It's great living in a red state where the Democrats have written off as a loss.

We've not received the first political phone call. And we have seen little to no political advertising on the local television stations.

I'd hate to live in a swing state right now.

DW just had a "Your computer is sending out error messages" scammer hang up on her.......in her prolonged response DW pointed out that we have a number of computers with varying versions of Windows, and that before taking the 'necessary action' she needed to know exactly which computer and which version was issuing said 'error messages'.........."Click". :LOL:

I changed my phone service provider last month and was able to add Nomorobo to my phone. It has already blocked several calls which is nice! All I have to do is not answer the phone until it rings at least twice. When my TV is on (I have a combo package with cable TV and internet), the caller ID appears on the TV screen for a few seconds so I can see the incoming phone number, not that I write it down.

I still get some scammers and other garbage calls on my cell phone but at least I know the caller's phone # before I answer it (most of the time).

Back
Top Bottom