Finally entering retirement

Congrats. And keep us posted. I've got 89 days to go and agree with your assessment to leave on relatively short notice. My coworkers are great, upper management not so much.

Nice post, thanks. I'm looking at maybe 90 days. It helps to hear your experience. I'm dreading the conversation with the boss. Nice guy. I guess I'm falling into the "how will they manage without me" trap.

Nice post, thanks. I'm looking at maybe 90 days. It helps to hear your experience. I'm dreading the conversation with the boss. Nice guy. I guess I'm falling into the "how will they manage without me" trap.

Good luck with your last few months. It's never easy to pull the plug, but I've been told that a few months later you'll wonder why you were even concerned...:)

Congrats! I will be calling it quits at the end of May and currently plan on giving a 60 day notice. I already already have some trepidation about going from saving to spending (I guess its in my genes to be a saver) what I have accumulated / invested. Wife already retired and working part time and I will also for a few years so we will not need to withdraw much for a while so I guess I will get used to withdrawing without a big shock.

No problem with celebrations for me (unless the dog and wife want to throw a party) as I work "remotely" out of my home; the closest office is 2 states away. One reason for the 60 day notice is it will give the company time to find a replacement and for me to provide some training / orientation prior to my departure. I want to make sure my accounts are not left in the air without service / help if I only gave a few weeks notice.

Congrats!! I was at the dentist office yesterday (Tuesday) for my teeth cleaning and the hygienist ask me how my weekend was. I had to pause. Uh...weekend.....there was a weekend? What day is it? Oh ya, my weekend was fine, thank you for asking.

It is definitely a change but you'll get used to it. And the "every day is Saturday" is something you're going to like. A lot.

And if you get a lot of snow, not having to go out in it if you don't want to is a huge plus.

"every day is Saturday"- might be the most-exciting words I have heard...............ever!!!:dance:

4 more months, 4 more months...

"every day is Saturday"- might be the most-exciting words I have heard...............ever!!!:dance:

And just think - - not only is every day a Saturday, but you won't have a week's worth of errands or chores waiting for you either. You can focus on the fun part of Saturdays. :D

Retirement is very exciting! Those 4 more months will speed by and then you'll be retired too. :)

Congratulations! Enjoy retirement! We are newbies too. My last day was 1/4/16 and my husband's in December. And yes, it is totally normal to be thrown by spending the nest egg rather than accumulating. Still working on that one, and still looking for where/how we can save! Also, I realize I really miss some of the folks from work, but I don't miss the JOB at all! Here's to enjoying the transition. Cheers!

Don't want to burst your bubble but 6/30 is really 5 more months! ?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom