Finding "Value" in your purchases

justin said:
Lasik eye surgery.

DH would totally agree with you - says its the best money he ever spent.

stw said:
I'll second that. Hands down, the most "spendthrift" items around our house, about which I have no remorse and which provide continual enjoyment are art objects (or similar).

Yay! Somebody who thinks like I do. Art inspires us. It enriches life. And, it doesn't wear out or become obsolete. Also, as you mentioned, art can be purchased at prices appropriate to any budget - - even a LBYM budget. You just have to look longer for what you want (and that's a great pastime in itself).

The laptop I'm using right now & the trip to Israel last year that I bought it for :D

Fractional interest in a beautiful vacation condo. Regular time there is absolutely wonderful.

About 18 months ago DH and I bought my neighbor's 92 miata. It is our 3rd car, and for a mom of twins, totally impractical and unnecessary. I drive it to w*rk, and when running errands on weekends. Living in florida, the top is down most of the time. Sure beats driving the Honda van when I have to carpool :LOL:

BTW, we got it for $1,200, and it has only needed routine maintenance. With 125,000 miles, I expect to have it for years.

Justin:
Lasik eye surgery.
Shiny:
DH would totally agree with you - says its the best money he ever spent.
I think this idea is just great. Thing is, I'm really scared to have anyone 'mess' with my eyes. I never could put contacts in... and I had a mole removed once from an eyelid, and I thought I was gonna jump out of that chair. The doc came at me with this looooong needle and I about fainted. I could have easily used a tranquilizer! Sigh...

Warhog
The laptop I'm using right now & the trip to Israel last year that I bought it for

How did you like Isreal? Where did you go? Did you feel safe? Did you visit family or go on a tour? What would you recommend? I would love to go, but... terrorists? what do you think? (This from a world traveler... :LOL:)

Thanks!

Be well,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Billy said:
How did you like Isreal? Where did you go? Did you feel safe? Did you visit family or go on a tour? What would you recommend? I would love to go, but... terrorists? what do you think? (This from a world traveler... :LOL:)

I'm not Warhog, but I've been to Israel on a business trip. Landed at the airport, stayed at a hotel in Tel Aviv, and worked at a little town nearby. I left the same day the US Congress authorized the President to use force in Iraq.

I really liked the Israeli people and their food. I felt reasonably safe after talking with a bunch of people - basically if you avoided the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, as well as nightclubs and public buses at that time you were OK.

2Cor521

Thanks, 2Cor.

I imagine for the most part, using one's common sense and getting local information really helps.

I dislike having Fear run any part of my life, but from time to time it does. I would love to see some of the holy places in Isreal... maybe some day.

Thanks again.

Be well,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom